• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A suggestion from A LOT of players!!! -(WITH POLL)-

Do you agree with these suggestions?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2015
Look at the difference between these two screenshots:

Colours difference.jpg

Why is everything in WFTO so brown and dark? Rooms are all brown, walls are brown, water is brown, creatures are brown, brown everywere!
We suggest to make the game more colorful and less dark, because there's no contrast between colors and it's always hard to distinguish between rooms, creatures, walls...
At least there should be an option like "DK2 looking", so only the players who don't want a brown game would set it.

Again, look at this pictures:

Battle.jpg

In WFTO you can barely distinguish the creatures and see their health because:
  1. They are all brown and so look the same
  2. They are too small!
  3. Their health indicator is too small (only visible by zooming)
We think that this game is awesome and has great potential to become as great as its predecessor, but these colour-contrast problems have to be solved

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 28, 2014
There's no need to shout. Do you think you could take some of the bold tags out of your post to make it a little less aggressive to read?

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Maybe it's because I'm on a mobile device, but I don't see any poll.

I'm also fairly sure if you read some of the other threads here you'll see the dev team have internally reworked the colour balance between walls and floors for example, and that the lighting is in the process of being reworked (the emphasis, until quite recently, being on getting things working, rather than making them look pretty)

Aug 28, 2014
One thing I will say, though: I'm not a big fan of the way that the unit shields are the exact same colour as the floor and wall gems. It looks like that's been changed on the internal build, though, so I'm happy :)

Jan 3, 2013
We shall see in 0.7 but the game needs CONTRAST ; >
Game would actually benefit more from some neat visual features like room owner indicator, less straight and similar walls, in other words more randomized look.

We could use few more new screenshots from 0.7, it would actually help us discuss this matter better.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Well what I can tell you is, the devs are currently moving/adapting the game across from the Unity 5 beta, to the proper unity 5 release so a lot of things are (temporarily) borked right now... so screenshots are not the highest priority right now.

On that note, one of the things that is coming soon(tm) will improve the terrain look and make it seem less straight and similar, but again I'm not allowed to go into specifics, if you want more screenshots or info about that stuff you'll probably have to pester noontide about it.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Nutter's post above is correct. Part of the benefit of having an extra month's worth of development time is we now have the space to manage a transition over to the much more stable Unity 5 release. We've found that our Shaders are interpreted differently which means any screenshots I post would be unrepresentative of the intended look. There will be a new screenshot in today's WFTO Wednesday as part of the campaign preview.

As for the appearance of walls, as we've previously confirmed 0.7.0 will have a new terrain Shader alongside new meshes and textures for the more natural parts of the underground. Though there should be some visual improvements across the board, I'd like to clarify that in terms of having a less uniform look this will mostly be confined to the standard rock types rather than claimed dungeon walls. With the new shader all tiles will also tile into one and other in a much nicer fashion, meaning large areas of brimstone or impenetrable rock will look even better!

Nov 11, 2012
i have to say i agree with this post after purchasing the standard edition of the game on steam yesterday i really struggled to even play. i have changed my screen settings and adjusted the contrast but for me it is far too dark to make for comfortable gameplay. i really hope this is something that will change. o

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Too much brown, not enough rainbows.

With that in mind, some other colors aside brown, black and red would be nice.
Just no going overboard like what Dungeons did with its neon lightings.

Feb 9, 2014
I honestly have to agree that the units are a bit too small currently, to my opinion. I know it certainly requires a complete rework of the unit animations etc. if you would want to make them a bit bigger, but is it possible to make them a bit larger/bigger?

But the lightning is still WIP, so you don't have to worry about that :) To be honest, it looked ugly as hell a few days back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom