• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro

Tim White

Writer, Designer
Brightrock Games
Apr 26, 2016
Hi Rodrigues,

To my knowledge there are no current Brazilian Portuguese translations for the game, and a quick look on the Steam Workshop and Foundry just confirmed that too.

Regards,
Tim

Rodrigues

Dwarven Worker
Jun 2, 2020
I would be interested in doing it. What's the best way to break the columns? Excel seems to mess up some lines.

Tim White

Writer, Designer
Brightrock Games
Apr 26, 2016
Awesome, that's great to hear! We're always happy to see the game get translated into new languages.

I would have said Excel or Google Sheets, as I've not normally had any problems viewing the CSV files in either - that's strange.

You've probably seen the User Guide and File Templates threads already, but just linking those if not.

Since this is a new translation, it would be easier I think to use the "Community Translation Template v4" (on the Templates thread) which contains all the latest text used in the entire game. No new text has been added since then, as the game is now in maintenance mode.

We can only offer limited support for WFTO at the moment due to us being focused on developing our new game. But feel free to ask any questions on the forums if you have any issues :)

Cheers,
Tim

Tim White

Writer, Designer
Brightrock Games
Apr 26, 2016
No, no deadline. It's entirely your project, so you can work on it at your leisure and upload to Steam or the Foundry forum whenever you're ready.

There is a surprising amount of text in WFTO and across all its DLCs though - about 100k words if I recall from the top of my head! So it's a task you'd likely want to do gradually in short bursts, especially if you're working on it on your own.

Tim

Tim White

Writer, Designer
Brightrock Games
Apr 26, 2016
Is that the seasonal voice-over lines used on the title screen? They should all still be used in the game, as long as the event comes around every year like Halloween. There may be a few specific ones that were one-time only events (like a movie release date) and which will now no longer repeat. The comments in the Notes column should hopefully explain which is which.

Tim

Top Bottom