• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Shinobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
Shinobi.jpg

Name Shinobi other possible names include :: Shadow walker , Shade , Ninja , Assassin , Night Stalker.

Stats:

Health: Medium
Attack: Medium
Armour: Very Low
Accuracy: High
Agility: Very High
Speed: Very High
Luck: Average
Recovery Rate: Fast
Intelligence: Average
Construction: Not possible
Training Rate: Fast
Training Cost: High
Wage: High

Skills:

Level 1: Ravens Claw Technique ( A single downward slice followed by a single upward slice dealing low damage ) Recharge rate very fast

Level 4: Dragon Sweep Technique ( He does a full 360' rotation with both blades out dealing medium damage to all the enemies around him ) Recharge rate slow

Level 8: The Shadow Walker ( The Shinobi gains a cloaking ability where he becomes invisible to all but his master> ( you ) this last's indefinitely until he/you deactivates it or he attacks something or triggers a trap, also certain creature will have the ability to detect the shinobi but only very close up lets say 3 tiles away EG; vampires can smell his blood and he is uncloaked ) Recharge rate average.
He also gains a secondary passive ability ::Wall Run:: to evade floor traps but only if there is a wall next to the trap he must uncloak in order to execute the wall run ability though ( as it takes a great deal of effort to run along a vertical wall :D + the wall run distance would only be up to 4 tiles long)

Level 10: Five Tigers Technique ( The Shinobi leaps into the air and onto the opponent in front of him stabbing him with both his katana's straight down through the opponents clavicle joints dealing High Damage then does a back-flip off // OR // if there are multiply enemies he leaps from one to another performing the same technique up to a maximum of 5 opponents, this move also negates armor protection so if an opponent has high armor and low health this move would kill him outright ) Recharge rate very slow

Information: The Shinobi are a shadow warrior sect dedicated to honing their bodies into weapons although they favor their blades over unarmed combat any day unlike their sworn enemies the Cloud Walkers, although like the Cloud Walker Clan they forgo armor as it slows them down relying on speed and skill to keep them alive, they are basically assassins for hire selling their services to whom ever can afford them.

Behavior in Dungeon: Can always be found in the training room practicing regardless of level even if lvl 8-10 <(this won't cost you anything training wise as its just going to be an idle animation mechanic) or meditating in the dark temple, they also tend to keep to them selves being lone warriors and all.

Battle Style: Blitzer/Flanker

Jobs: Training/Exploring

Obtainable By: Midway through campaign

Hates: The Cloud Walker Clan, other then that pretty easy going guys

Loves: Other Shinobi & getting paid

Anger reaction: Leaves dungeon but executes any creatures it may encounter along the way, that is if he isn't killed himself in the process.

Lair: A Dark grey bed roll with a pillow ( kinda like a sleeping bag )

Appearance: See above Drawing I did ^

How Introduced: During the campaign I envision an underground battle somewhere midway during the game happening between the Shinobi and the Cloud Walkers who have invaded their realm from the surface with other heroes to try and wipe out this Clan of Assassins and so you happen upon the battle and in helping them defeat the Cloud Walkers and their allies the Shinobi swear allegiance to you, for a price of course.

Attracted by: Wealth and Training room

Entrance Effect: A puff of black mist then he uncloaks as he somersaults out of the portal

Torture: The torturer takes both his blades and stabs him repeatedly with them

Mentor Quotes: Ahhh the Shinobi I do so love how they sneak about and eviscerate the unwary!
The Shinobi are like a Knife in the Dark Keeper MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Keeper one of you imps was organizing an uprising but a Shinobi cut him down to size.

Hugo

Concept Artist
Brightrock Games
Nov 14, 2011
Spain
I think it's not bad, sort of an "evil samurai" , but the samurai was more archetypical as it directly alluded to a medieval warrior whilst shinobi is a less known word and "ninja" has been used so much that has to some point lost its traditional meaning.
"Shadow warrior" or "assasin" works better I think. But it still don't fit the dungeon theme as good as a mistress does.

Zuriki

Gargoyle
Dec 9, 2011
Manchester, UK
www.subterraneangames.com
Can I make a suggestion to drop the wall-running passive ability and switch it for a quick-dash ability. It might not sound as cool, but reliance on a wall being there might make the ability a bit annoying to use. My proposal retains most of what the wall-running ability would be but without the reliance on a wall. It's best applications would be to get past known-defenses and escaping from battle. Not sure if this move (both variations) would be applicable to AI use, it might be rather difficult for the AI to know when to effectively use this, I guess for escaping battle it could be used. But evading traps/attacks is more ambiguous.

Quick-dash: The Shinobi moves forward in a straight-line* at incredibly high-speeds, this move evades all trap detection and attacks. In this state the Shinobi cannot attack, and cannot stop moving** until a) the effect wears off or b) it is cancelled or c) he hits a wall/door. The move has a very high recharge time and the maximum travel distance is 10m.

*Some limited course-correction is allowed (+/- 10º for example)
**In possession, pressing the back-peddal (S/Down) key will cancel this move. Releasing the move forward (W/Up) key will not stop the character moving.

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
I really like this. The concept is great, though maybe instead of mercenaries, they could be some kind of demonic "enforcer".
Concept art is great too. Maybe his skin can be a dark-ish red or purple? That or he could have some kind of marking on his skin.

Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
Can I make a suggestion to drop the wall-running passive ability and switch it for a quick-dash ability. It might not sound as cool, but reliance on a wall being there might make the ability a bit annoying to use. My proposal retains most of what the wall-running ability would be but without the reliance on a wall. It's best applications would be to get past known-defenses and escaping from battle. Not sure if this move (both variations) would be applicable to AI use, it might be rather difficult for the AI to know when to effectively use this, I guess for escaping battle it could be used. But evading traps/attacks is more ambiguous.

Quick-dash: The Shinobi moves forward in a straight-line* at incredibly high-speeds, this move evades all trap detection and attacks. In this state the Shinobi cannot attack, and cannot stop moving** until a) the effect wears off or b) it is cancelled or c) he hits a wall/door. The move has a very high recharge time and the maximum travel distance is 10m.

*Some limited course-correction is allowed (+/- 10º for example)
**In possession, pressing the back-peddal (S/Down) key will cancel this move. Releasing the move forward (W/Up) key will not stop the character moving.
Well I did actually think of that before the whole Trap evasion thing being possible regardless of walls and the like :rolleyes: , but the reason I went for the wall only was just to try and limit the Shinobis abilities. I have been called up before on making creatures or abilities to over powered & potentially game breaking :oops: , My original thought was that the Shinobi would simply somersault over the trap.

So I guess that's probably a better ability then instead of wall running he just does a somersault over the trap as his passive ability, although for variety sake he could have both animations do a somersault when a wall isn't near by , or do a wall run if a wall is near by?o_O

what do you guys think should he be able to do both?

Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
I really like this. The concept is great, though maybe instead of mercenaries, they could be some kind of demonic "enforcer".
Concept art is great too. Maybe his skin can be a dark-ish red or purple? That or he could have some kind of marking on his skin.
I guess so he could be some kind of Demonic Half breed, hey even Devils need assassins!:D & I'm thinking Dark purple skin with some glyph markings could be cool do you reckon that would fit the dungeon theme better?

Sorry for double post:oops:

Neros

Priestess
Dec 10, 2011
Denmark
I like your suggestion PumbkinKing about making him into a demonic enforce of some kind. And Jared's suggestion about the purple skin with glyphs sounds like it could fit very well with this way to take the concept. Ofcpurse, it might be nice to have a "normal" human among the ranks of the underworld.. I mean someone with the skills of a shinobi can be quite scary, so is there a need for the demonic part?

For simplicitys sake, I think Zuriki's suggestion about a quick-dash (maybe call it something like shadow step or similar). It allows the shinobi to performs the effects described but without the need to make allot of animations and extra coding (I think).
Somersaulting: Why not just have the shinobi walk past certain traps when stealthing, like the rouge and thief from DK2?

Im however not sure about the Lvl 10 ability. Sounds rather powerful..

Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
I like your suggestion PumbkinKing about making him into a demonic enforce of some kind. And Jared's suggestion about the purple skin with glyphs sounds like it could fit very well with this way to take the concept. Ofcpurse, it might be nice to have a "normal" human among the ranks of the underworld.. I mean someone with the skills of a shinobi can be quite scary, so is there a need for the demonic part?

For simplicitys sake, I think Zuriki's suggestion about a quick-dash (maybe call it something like shadow step or similar). It allows the shinobi to performs the effects described but without the need to make allot of animations and extra coding (I think).
Somersaulting: Why not just have the shinobi walk past certain traps when stealthing, like the rouge and thief from DK2?

Im however not sure about the Lvl 10 ability. Sounds rather powerful..
Well Honestly keeping the Shinobi human doesn't put him out of place in the Dungeon world for the simply reason that in DK2 the Rogue was most defiantly just a HUMAN with skills as was the Dark Mistress and so was the Warlock oh and for all we know the Black Knight is just an Evil Human Warrior.

Egg said:
"Shadow warrior" or "assasin" works better I think. But it still don't fit the dungeon theme as good as a mistress does. Derp de Derp so how exactly did the Rogue fit into the dungeon theme then huh? I mean all he is is a damn bandit thief where as a Shinobi is a brutal assassin his trade is killing! So how does that not fit into the dungeon theme? You do realize that the Samurai was going to be in WFTO before they scrapped and rebooted the project don't you? So why couldn't the anti- samurai be included to?

Unless of course your idea of a dungeon world is that no humans would ever work for an evil Dungeon Keeper and therefore shouldn't exist in a dungeon, because we all know that humans are incapable of evil or malicious acts riiiiiiiiiiiight.o_O
Guess your right there's no such thing as an evil human and if there was why would he work for an evil overlord? Money? Power? Promise of Eternal Life? pfffffft who wants that?o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I don't see how an human assassin could be out of place in the dungeon.:p

*Gets flame war hose ready*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom