• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Help! Digging paths

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
I understand how to setup a working digging path before a party of the empire spawns to attack the player since I followed the tutorial. Still I have two issues which I cannot solve:

- the sappers also dig through empire room fortified walls destroying their own home base instead of digging around

- if a party spawns without sappers later in the game when the player has sealed the path again via creating construct earth, the spawned parties are unable to get into the players dungeon again (a solution may be creating parties with always at least one sapper in it)

Am I able to solve these two issues?

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
(not only create parties with at least one sapper in it but also create a new digging path for them in every trigger)

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
Please note that this is not a complain. I just want to understand if I am doing things right or there may be a better or easier solution. I love the editor!

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
- the sappers also dig through empire room fortified walls destroying their own home base instead of digging around
I solved this by:
Removing earth, creating a dirt path around the Empire's room walls.
Using the path as "Soft Path" (checking the soft path checkbox in the script menu)

Now the sappers will walk around the Empire rooms using my pre build path and only dig at the very end.

- if a party spawns without sappers later in the game when the player has sealed the path again via creating construct earth, the spawned parties are unable to get into the players dungeon again (a solution may be creating parties with always at least one sapper in it)
I still have no easy solution on this... Sadly the Tutorial does only describe how to spawn one wave when entering a trigger, but what I am try to achieve is:

- set a timer which loops every 7 minutes
- on timer countdown (every 7 minutes) spawn one of my prebuilt Empire parties
- dig through to the players Dungeon (if necessary) and attack it
- after 7 minutes do the same with the next Empire party
... and on and on

I have problems with:

- Setting up the events in a way that I can use one looping timer, which enables a different script after each loop (because I want the spawn parties to change after every loop) (or maybe I can do it in another way I can't think of right now..?)
-> an ugly solution could be using 10 different timers on 10 different scripts for 10 different parties to spawn

- Bringing the spawned parties to the players Dungeon if he has sealed the way with a construct earth
-> my current and not fully working solution is to always setup a fresh dig path in the script and always have parties with at least one sapper in it. The downside is that all spawned units will wait at the spawn location until the sapper has dug a path, then they start walking towards the destination and the player has more than enough time to seal that path again with a construct earth which let's the spawned party stop again, waiting for new sappers and a dig path

So as you might see, I would need a little help finding out how to do a better working spawn wave system, which was not covered in the tutorial (the available Steam Workshop maps I sadly can't import since I only own the GOG version of the game), so this is why I hope to find some help here by your experienced workers :)

Last edited:

Noontide

Award Winning Community Manager
Dev Team
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
I'll have a shout around to see if any of our QA Volunteers might be able to advise you as they're probably the most familiar with actually using MightyScript to achieve some of what you're looking for. It'd take me a bit longer to go through everything but I am planning to provide more extensive tutorials. Hopefully starting recording next month.

Sorry if it seems like you're being ignored, sometimes it can just take a little while for the right eyes to fall on the forum. Often quicker responses will come on the Discord server. :)

If no one has an answer for you mid next week I'll set some time aside to look into it myself and see if I can provide some suggestions.

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
I'll have a shout around to see if any of our QA Volunteers might be able to advise you as they're probably the most familiar with actually using MightyScript to achieve some of what you're looking for. It'd take me a bit longer to go through everything but I am planning to provide more extensive tutorials. Hopefully starting recording next month.
The tutorials available right now are from really high quality. I think it would reduce questions and user errors if some of the missing aspects like variables and debug log would be explained a little. There are many functions which find no real explanation. Another thing is that there are still many bugs in the editor.

Sorry if it seems like you're being ignored, sometimes it can just take a little while for the right eyes to fall on the forum. Often quicker responses will come on the Discord server. :)
I understand that it may take a while on the forum. Maybe I am too old to know how to use discord, but I think the forum is a better way since questions and answers are saved and can be read by anyone which saves a lot of time for both QA Managers and Users. I am thankful for anybody who takes time for helping me, also you for your detailed answer.

For the standing enemies after spawn, which wait until the dig path is done I found a work around: You should not setup just a final target, but some path points before around the map that are already reachable. This makes all spawned units walk to the reachable path point until the dwarfs need to dig. So it is up to the level designer to already make a free way as near as possible to the final destination and set up at least one more path point before the digging begins. So the units will travel there and wait, instead of standing right at the spawn location.

For the other questions : I still am using many triggers to make the waves. I always trigger an event with a wave, then wait, then trigger the next event with a wave. You can adjust time and level with using numbers. But you still must create events for every wave.

As I said I am not complaining. I just want to understand how things were intended to work when there is no detailed explanation or if I am doing things in a wrong unnecessarily difficult way.

You guys and the community take their time. I will wait and experiment :)

Top Bottom