• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DK online

This game sucks

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • no

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 18, 2011
This game burns up my blood because its a step back of whats Dungeon Keeper is about. What I hate most about this game is that EA's china branch made is and heres the best part they added role play elements to it also its not even in english and the Heros get an undead unit. Just leave it to the chinise to sreaw up a great game

Don't believe me look at this

and this

If you have looked have viewed there videos and are enraged by them then you are a ture Dungeon Keeper fan.

All thou the dungeon part of the game looks promissing

hnmitch

Priestess
Nov 19, 2011
First.. I have to say that it really does make me mad that they decided to go the online route with this game. When I first heard about it I was pissed. Wanted to go to ea china and put my foot in someones dark abyss. However after reviewing different videos and digging around on the net I have to say I'm not as angry as I was. The videos you posted are just some teasers. I've seen actual detailed gameplay footage and It looks more then promising. While the graphics are similar to world of warcraft, The story line is solid and the dungeon keeping part is almost Identical to the original dungeon keeper games with a ton of extra perks. On top of that Ea IS developing an english release. If you want the Detailed videos of almost everything about the game http://www.mmoculture.com/2011/09/dungeon-keeper-online-cn-exclusive.html
I am actually looking forward to an english release. Though I still wish they would release a true sequel to the games that I love I will definately give this a shot when its translated to english.

Patrician

Keeper Klan Founder
Nov 14, 2011
England
www.keeperklan.com
Having read the review and watched the videos I'm still not quite sure what to make of Dungeon Keeper Online. I'm astonished at how similar the dungeon mode resembles DK2. Graphically it's obviously an improvement on DK2, but not as significantly as I was expecting. Also, surprisingly, the symbols for some of the rooms, including hatchery; lair and treasury, are exactly the same as the ones in DK2! The recycling of its "predecessors" content is not limited to graphics however. The goblin-like creature emits the same scream when dropped as do heroes and some creatures in the original Dungeon Keeper! Is this laziness or a desire to keep as close to the original game as possible, or possibly just place-holders until they've come up with their own?

The addition of an MMORPG overworld is the most dramatic change to the original games and also the most controversial. Having watched all of the videos (but not fully, I must confess I skipped through some of them quite quickly) the first thing that strikes me is how similar to WoW this game is going to be. The gameplay appears to be exactly the same e.g. kill x many beasts; gain loot and experience from killing said beasts; eat food to regain HP. Basically, you have to complete a plethora of meaningless quests. One of these being to "forcefully kiss" three women. The reviewer on mmoculture seems to have enjoyed this "fun quest" quite a bit, which is a bit of a sad reflection on his life. There's several things wrong about this kissing quest. One being that it's quite inappropriate for a game to involve raping women's mouths, another being how unfitting it is for the DK mythos and finally how tenderly the demon pecks each buxom wench on the lips (compare the film Rosemary's Baby).

DK Online shamelessly mimics WoW. Even the concept art could be mistaken for a WoW loading screen at a glance. Big eyed anime gnomes, humongous weaponry and over-sized, glowing shoulder pads belong in Stormwind, not Dungeon Keeper. The character selection screen differs little from WoW's, with the exception of the names of the classes, such as "demon destruction lord", which probably sounds a lot better before translation from the original Chinese.

I've perhaps been a bit unfair criticising DK Online before it's been completed and I've had a chance to play it. It will be interesting to see how the dungeon mode works out in conjunction with the overworld. My concern is that it'll be like playing a knock-off WoW with the occasional DK mini-game.

Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
Checked it out aside from the little bit of dungeon building which IMHO looks pretty crap considering how long ago DK2 came out and this is the best they can do? It's just another WOW knock off and by god I hate that f**king game!

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
I dont know what to think of this game from what I can gather there the hero ( alliance) and creature(horde) with 5 classes and the ability to upgrade your personnal Dungeon
Like the heart but maybe bit too dk2
Edit oh how pathetic evil is now kissing

Roald

Priestess
Dec 2, 2011
so kissing is evil? He should just rip her apart dungeon keeper style.I dont really what to think the underworld stuff looks interresting the rest... not so much. I hate those quest to gather this and kill that and this seems to exactly do that.

BTW: chinese dont understand the game industry anymore even the western rpg's are better! (skyrim, fallout etc.)

Roald

Priestess
Dec 2, 2011
true now if there was dungeon keeper mod for fallout that would be great think of the possibility
Mouhahhaha
haha i would be a horned reaper >: )

but serieusly dungeon keeper was made bij a western studio (bullfrog <---- omg dutch!?!) and the mmorpg should be too.
the chinese/japanese just dont get it! lets just look at final fantasy 100? or was it 50? sorry lost count :D i mean they are just putting out the same thing. and i hate nintendo for not making games for the ios i want fire emblem and advance wars for my iphone :(

Zuriki

Gargoyle
Dec 9, 2011
Manchester, UK
www.subterraneangames.com
haha i would be a horned reaper >: )

but serieusly dungeon keeper was made bij a western studio (bullfrog <---- omg dutch!?!) and the mmorpg should be too.
the chinese/japanese just dont get it! lets just look at final fantasy 100? or was it 50? sorry lost count :D i mean they are just putting out the same thing. and i hate nintendo for not making games for the ios i want fire emblem and advance wars for my iphone :(
Off-topic: I have both on my Android. Ah, the benefits of open source platforms! :D
By the way, the reason Nintendo doesn't release games on the App Store and Android Market is because it's so goddamn profitable for them to not do it. Think of it like this: Nintendo makes money by selling the console, selling the SDK and selling the games.

If they release the same games on the iOS then they won't make nearly as much money because they have no console to sell, they have no SDK to sell (in fact, they have to buy Apples software license) the only money the make is selling games on the App Store at a heavily marked-down price.

On-topic: This isn't a Dungeon Keeper game. It's called Dungeon Keeper by name, but it isn't a Dungeon Keeper game. I'm not going to get my panties in a twist though, because I'm pretty sure it's destined to fail. Almost nobody who loves Dungeon Keeper will even play this game and those who do play this game, probably would find out about Dungeon Keeper I + II and leave the so-called "DKO" to play the obviously superior games.

I've expelled most of my rage about this bastardisation of a good brand, but I expected no less from EA in the first place. So regardless, the future is WFTO and hopefully my trust in independent game developers; and more specifically STG, is not misplaced.

Roald

Priestess
Dec 2, 2011
@zuriki: yeah i know its smart of nintendo but still their 3ds is failling !

@mothrayas: its not? thats what i thought lol i was 9 year when i played the first dungeon keeper

Nov 10, 2011
The Netherlands
@zuriki: yeah i know its smart of nintendo but still their 3ds is failling !
Yeah, but the problem with the 3DS is that there is freaking nothing interesting to play on it that's worth getting a 3DS for. I actually have a 3DS myself, but all I play on it is a flashcard with a load of DS games on it. When the most interesting release I've seen so far is Star Fox 64 3D you know something is wrong.

@mothrayas: its not? thats what i thought lol i was 9 year when i played the first dungeon keeper
I grew up watching my brother play it back when it was released in 1997, and then started playing it myself a couple years later. I was like 5 when I first played it.

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
[/quote]I grew up watching my brother play it back when it was released in 1997, and then started playing it myself a couple years later. I was like 5 when I first played it.[/quote]
Hah beat you started playing at 4 thought I was playing heroes

Now on topic Nitendo is well know for just remaking the same game see mario kart 7 , super mario 3d ect...
Yet people just buy the same games blindly

Nov 10, 2011
The Netherlands
Hah beat you started playing at 4 thought I was playing heroes
Could very well have been 4. May very well have been 5 when I first beat the campaign.

Now on topic Nitendo is well know for just remaking the same game see mario kart 7 , super mario 3d ect...
Yet people just buy the same games blindly
Those aren't remakes, they're sequels to their game series. But yeah, they're getting really remake-heavy lately.

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
Could very well have been 4. May very well have been 5 when I first beat the campaign.

oh yeah well I have an confession to make I never finished Dungeon keeper 1 The furthest I got was the last level but then my dad wipe the hard drive clean
Im so ashamed :(

Victor

Priestess
Jan 6, 2012
I find the game to be a disgrace to all true keepers. It has some pretty "art" but in game designs its all crap. I wish I lived in China so I could play it and truly see how bad it is. Just terrible.

NaGeL

Bafu
WFTO Founder
Feb 24, 2012
Budapest, Hungary
To tell the truth... i don't know what to say about this....the overworld Wow style RPG is... well crap.
the underworkd DK style gameplay....well its still in beta and lets hope they actually improve it, so that actually remains enjoyable to old DK players...

Nov 14, 2011
To tell the truth... i don't know what to say about this....the overworld Wow style RPG is... well crap.
the underworkd DK style gameplay....well its still in beta and lets hope they actually improve it, so that actually remains enjoyable to old DK players...
Something I must wonder about the Underworld side is if there is much interaction with other Players. If there isn't/it isn't good, then I wonder what the point is as people can just play the original DK1/2.

Top Bottom