• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dragons dont fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castigator

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
As soon as Dungeoneer gets released and we get a glimpse on the data, we can start working on the first custom Dragons mod. I think we could make the Bluefire Drake a reality and a casters true nightmare. The stats could be assigned pretty quickly, so what we need is someone savvy enough to create a working model animate the attacks and texture it up. That doesn't need to be the same person, but I suck at Blender, so I'm probably right out. I should go to the main thread and put some plans there.

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
As soon as Dungeoneer gets released and we get a glimpse on the data, we can start working on the first custom Dragons mod. I think we could make the Bluefire Drake a reality and a casters true nightmare. The stats could be assigned pretty quickly, so what we need is someone savvy enough to create a working model animate the attacks and texture it up. That doesn't need to be the same person, but I suck at Blender, so I'm probably right out. I should go to the main thread and put some plans there.
Who are the main modellers for WftO? Maybe (if we offered to pay them properly) we could get them on board. After all, just because the Devils Team doesn't "officially" think it will work doesn't mean that they don't love Dragons as much as we do... :D

Who are the main modellers for WftO? Maybe (if we offered to pay them properly) we could get them on board. After all, just because the Devils Team doesn't "officially" think it will work doesn't mean that they don't love Dragons as much as we do... :D
Sounds like a plan :D
I'm only experienced in website designing, I've read if You know JavaScript You can do many things in Unity, but I don't know how I could make something with that and what exactly. I have a plan to make a mod in the world of heroes, so in more opened area, where there is a sky so Dragons could feel very good in this world, but if it comes to Dragons mod I can help in other than graphic or code things atm.
Still Dungeoneer is not ready yet, but thinking about this mod, drawing some visions, plans now is a good idea. Just need to gather some people now, made a mod site etc. ;-)

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Sounds like a plan :D
I'm only experienced in website designing, I've read if You know JavaScript You can do many things in Unity. I have a plan to make a mod in the world of heroes, so in more opened area, where there is a sky so Dragons could feel very good in this world, but if it comes to Dragons mod I can help in other than graphic or code things atm.
Still Dungeoneer is not ready yet, but thinking about this mod, drawing some visions, plans now is a good idea. Just need to gather some people now, made a mod site etc. ;-)
Well, you have people. Provided you count me, my belly and my left earlobe as different people. Not that any of us can do anything, other than crappy Underlord voices

Cute dragons Mod anyone? XD
But ONLY cute dragons?
You can make some with us, we need some fresh meat for our Dragons. :p
I really love Dragons from Heroes of Might & Magic 3, there were Magic Dragons, cute anod pink but powerful, but really we should think there will be bad and good dragons or we would like to have more "factions".

EDIT: ...in the other hand, cute and evil is one of my favourite mix :)

Castigator

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
That reminds me of Heroes IV's Fairy Dragons. They didn't look that intimidating, until they cast fireball or lightning at master level, to completely screw your opponent. Phoenixes were powerful, but Fairy Dragons could make you sit in a corner and weep for some hours, as they tended to one hit kill your heroes and ranged units.

Image: A Fairy Dragon, preparing to destroy your strategy. They were pretty cute though. If you managed to get massive amounts of them, they could easily inflict 100.000 points of damage. With a single AoE. Onto your tight formation army. Ouch!

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
But ONLY cute dragons?
You can make some with us, we need some fresh meat for our Dragons. :p
I really love Dragons from Heroes of Might & Magic 3, there were Magic Dragons, cute anod pink but powerful, but really we should think there will be bad and good dragons or we would like to have more "factions".

EDIT: ...in the other hand, cute and evil is one of my favourite mix :)
Hmm Factions like "Nazi Dragons" (black/grey) "Commie Dragons" (Red) Ancient Dragons (Green) Capatalist Dragons (Blue)

That reminds me of Heroes IV's Fairy Dragons. They didn't look that intimidating, until they cast fireball or lightning at master level, to completely screw your opponent. Phoenixes were powerful, but Fairy Dragons could make you sit in a corner and weep for some hours, as they tended to one hit kill your heroes and ranged units.

Image: A Fairy Dragon, preparing to destroy your strategy. They were pretty cute though. If you managed to get massive amounts of them, they could easily inflict 100.000 points of damage. With a single AoE. Onto your tight formation army. Ouch!
Look at the top of the image below, this pink Dragon - cute and nasty, Faerie Dragon from heroes 3. But the most mighty creature was Azure Dragon, my favourite and the strongest unit in the game.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
In the game Ecstatica their were 3 colours of Dragon.
Blue, Green and the rarest to see was Red.

Castigator

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
Blue, Green and the rarest to see was Red.
RGB Dragons, then? I'm sure you could achieve to breed a dragon of any colour then.
The Deviant artist andrea-koupal demonstrated, that some Dragons can be a living colour spectrum.

This reminds me, that I wanted to see a RGB slider to choose my colour with absolute freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom