• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Game crashes after spash screen on Intel Xe Graphics

Nov 7, 2020
As mentioned in my title, the game crashes right after the splash screen appears. Intel's new Tiger Lake Xe graphics should more than be capable to run WFTO as I can run games such as Dark Souls Remastered at 1200p at 60fps.

I've tried a few suggestions from other people such as forcing the game to run in OpenGL and DX9 but it still crashes every time.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've love to be able to play this on on my ultrabook!

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Hi Dunestorm,

Sorry I missed this post. We've actually become aware of this in the last few months when these chips made the market. There's a workaround that we've confirmed works with some users and bizarrely it is simply to disconnect from the internet while you play WFTO. What's strange is that blocking WFTO from the internet doesn't appear to work you have to be completely disconnected. You can achieve this by enabling Airplane mode if your Ultrabook has one.

We're not exactly sure why and we have no devices from the affected series. We're hoping to get our hands on them so we can work out what's falling over.

If this helps your issue we'd love to get our hands on the system specs for your PC as well as the make and model.

Hope that helps,

Lee

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020
Hi Dunestorm,

Sorry I missed this post. We've actually become aware of this in the last few months when these chips made the market. There's a workaround that we've confirmed works with some users and bizarrely it is simply to disconnect from the internet while you play WFTO. What's strange is that blocking WFTO from the internet doesn't appear to work you have to be completely disconnected. You can achieve this by enabling Airplane mode if your Ultrabook has one.

We're not exactly sure why and we have no devices from the affected series. We're hoping to get our hands on them so we can work out what's falling over.

If this helps your issue we'd love to get our hands on the system specs for your PC as well as the make and model.

Hope that helps,

Lee
Thanks for the reply!
I've got a Dell XPS 13 9310 with the Intel i7-1165G7 CPU. It's the 16GB RAM version with a 1920 x 1200 display.

:)

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Thanks for the reply!
I've got a Dell XPS 13 9310 with the Intel i7-1165G7 CPU. It's the 16GB RAM version with a 1920 x 1200 display.

:)
Then I'd say there's a good chance you're in the affected hardware range. 10th Gen Intel Mobile CPUs are the common factor in this issue, there's no long term solution currently though we're going to investigate as soon as our coders are freed up. You can read about it in this KB Article.

For now the workaround is as stated above, disconnect from the internet while you play (enable airplane mode if on wifi) and this should hopefully solve the issue. It's certainly not ideal but hopefully it should get you in the game.

In the meantime could I ask you to drop us a report of the issue including a DXDiag output and your output_logs from an affected session. I'd like to keep track of everyone who is affected so we can update you if/when changes are made.

Top Bottom