• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Accepted Game crashes on startup (32bit OS)

pulli23

Blood Imp
Apr 2, 2015
Just to add: this happens literary each time at the same position of the main screen loading bar: at 20%-25% (when starting up the game)

Apr 2, 2015
I'm getting the same problem too it keeps loading to the back screen then the logo screen then crashing on the load screen before the main menu its doing my head in lol i just want to play the game i dont get a error message or anything :/

pulli23

Blood Imp
Apr 2, 2015
4GB installed ram, its a 32bit (vista) system though. So unless the game is compiled with
/LARGEADDRESSAWARE compiler switch it will find only 2GB. (which is still the minimal requirements)

Last edited:

strich

Lead Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 30, 2012
Yeah. That'll probably be why. You're probably running out of RAM or your 32bit system is failing. Let's try this:
1. Open up the directory where you installed WFTO, usually C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\War For The Overworld\.
2. Go to \WFTOGame_Data\GameData\ folder and in there you should have an Options.txt file. If not, create one.
3. In that file, add or change a line to have this: Texture Resolution=3

Try booting the game now.

saad

Dwarven Worker
Apr 2, 2015
i have 16 gb ram and still the game is using most if not all of it and subsequently crashing

vidzero

Dwarven Worker
Mar 19, 2015
64bit Windows 7 with 4GB ram and I have the same problem, game crashes half way through loading screen every time.

strich

Lead Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 30, 2012
Try editing the options file as I posted above and let me know if it works.

pulli23

Blood Imp
Apr 2, 2015
It "worked", at least up to the title screen. Loading any game mode further than that still gives the same error.

Apr 2, 2015
I was having the same problem. Adding the texture resolution line allowed me to get past the load screen. I was able to load and play through the tutorial map. I haven’t been able to load or play the first campaign map or enter sandbox.

CPU: AMD FX8320 3.5 GHz 8-core
Memory: 4GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 650

Attachments

strich

Lead Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 30, 2012
So the root cause of the problem here is that you are running at of memory. 4GB of RAM is a very small amount of RAM these days. We'll try to push out a patch as soon as possible to reduce the amount of memory the game uses, but you should also consider installing at least 8GB RAM if you are able to.

Stay tuned.

saad

Dwarven Worker
Apr 2, 2015
i did the change to 3 in the options.ini file . the graphics went way down . but the game still crashes the same way .:(

pulli23

Blood Imp
Apr 2, 2015
So the root cause of the problem here is that you are running at of memory. 4GB of RAM is a very small amount of RAM these days. We'll try to push out a patch as soon as possible to reduce the amount of memory the game uses, but you should also consider installing at least 8GB RAM if you are able to.

Stay tuned.
I know it is - I was hence possitivelly surprised when I saw the low requirements of this game (2gb) -

I am getting a new pc at my birthday (september this year) which will boost me 5 years ahead again, but couldn't wait with buying this game. Upgrading is not really a possibility: it's a HP 8530w elitebook (with quaddro FX 770M graphics card - yes I know that's not a gaming card and is supposed to be for CAD).

"I didn't expect you/it so soon"

I'm wondering: I could uninstal this vista copy and reinstal windows 7 64bit over it. Though that would take quite some time, do you devs expect the game to run (better) on that?

Last edited:

saad

Dwarven Worker
Apr 2, 2015
im running 16 gb ram with a SLI linked dual nvida 750 m cards ( thats 2 gb each dedicated graphics total 4 )
heres my iutput log from the last time it crashed

Attachments

Top Bottom