• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Heart of Gold issues

Aotrs Commander

Cultist
Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Started going through the Heart of Gold campaign from where I left off prevsiously because of the now patched save-crash issues.

Some things I have noticed which appear to have cropped up since I last played (or last played this level), not sure they are bugs or what.

1) Creatures seem to get angry VERY quickly now, making level three especially difficult (I ended up rage-finishing before wiping it out, because I simply couldn't sustain an attack). I just tried on level four to snipe Aetna first... And one of my witch doctors got so mad it rebelled before it had gotten back. (This wouldn't be an issue is HoG allowed moongates, which in my opinion are sort of desparately needed, as it is very hard to transport whole task group, when, for instance, you want some archivists with the group and some on a peace band, as you can't specifically pick those up).

2) Royal carpet is claimable, but nothing else; it can't be sold, built on or even have doors put on it. I am almost entirely certain that wasn't the case previously - I am pretty sure you used to be able to sell it. It also makes the level (and any others than use it) CONSIDERABLY harder, because you have a lot more problems trying to section the dungeon off in safe chunks. (As you can't try and do too much at once, because of the aforementioned short tempers.)

3) Aetna does not appear to be capturable. This may have been true previously, I don't know, but I presume it also applies to all the other characters on this level. Less of an issue than the previous two (I assume it is intentional), but figured it was worth mentioning.

Noontide

Award Winning Community Manager
Dev Team
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
1) Creatures seem to get angry VERY quickly now, making level three especially difficult (I ended up rage-finishing before wiping it out, because I simply couldn't sustain an attack). I just tried on level four to snipe Aetna first... And one of my witch doctors got so mad it rebelled before it had gotten back. (This wouldn't be an issue is HoG allowed moongates, which in my opinion are sort of desparately needed, as it is very hard to transport whole task group, when, for instance, you want some archivists with the group and some on a peace band, as you can't specifically pick those up).
Are you using Magical Meat? That is typically the key to long expeditions away from your dungeon.

2) Royal carpet is claimable, but nothing else; it can't be sold, built on or even have doors put on it. I am almost entirely certain that wasn't the case previously - I am pretty sure you used to be able to sell it. It also makes the level (and any others than use it) CONSIDERABLY harder, because you have a lot more problems trying to section the dungeon off in safe chunks. (As you can't try and do too much at once, because of the aforementioned short tempers.)
Certainly shouldn't have been the case if it was. The intention behind carpet is to prevent you from building across most of the Empire's space.

3) Aetna does not appear to be capturable. This may have been true previously, I don't know, but I presume it also applies to all the other characters on this level. Less of an issue than the previous two (I assume it is intentional), but figured it was worth mentioning.
Can't be sure on this. But I'm pretty sure most of these bosses are meant to be unrecyclable (and thus can't be captured).

Aotrs Commander

Cultist
Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Right, okay. Thanks.

Like I said, wasn't sure if these things were design as intended, or bugs.

1) Will remember that in future, though it seems to tell you about unhappiness due to lack of pay more than hunger. I was using it a bit, since the creatures seemed to be very iffy about doing what they were told (complaining of being tired and the, after being dropped in bed, immediately walking off...)

2) Fair enough; pretty sure that it was originally on release, but that may have been a bug/oversight patched out (couldn't find anything) - I was fairly sure I remembered selling and walling off with the carpet before (don't THINK it was a custom level).

3) Fine. Wasn't sure, I couldn't work out that it had triggered I'd killed Aetna to start with, but I think that was just me getting confused on which ones I'd killed. I thought I'd killed the sister for ages, before I realised I'd killed the mage one but not the other one.

By the time I'd managed to accure ten huntresses (they are, as far as I'm concerned, the new Dark Mistress), I managed substantially easier.

(It is also not until THIS lat in te game that a tooltip told/reminded me that you can use recall on a whole warband as well.

(I also rescind my comment on moongates, since I later realised of course, they're in the wrong DLC. But they are so fracking amazin, I wish they were a standard item.)

Top Bottom