• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Heart of Gold Preview: The Sentinel

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
1 is there any planed changes to the multiplayer UI?
2 Can some one say how the steam workshop will work? 2.1 will it be like starcraft where you auto download a map when you join a lobby?
3 Can you use this steam workshop to find opponents and increase online presence?
1. Not as far as I know.
2. I believe it'll work like you said, with maps automatically being downloaded... but i'm not 100% sure on that one.
3. Nope sorry, although i'd like to hope that once people are done building their own maps they'll want to play/test them so we should see an increase in MP activity anyway... hopefully.

Brus Reed

Dwarven Worker
Sep 2, 2015
Will there be Public Beta Testing for 1.3? I'd very much like to participate if that becomes available. NDA's are fine with me. Let us know. I don't mind bugs and crashes for the cause. If not, I'll just go back to listening to the Whale Shrooms for a while longer.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Will there be Public Beta Testing for 1.3? I'd very much like to participate if that becomes available. NDA's are fine with me. Let us know. I don't mind bugs and crashes for the cause. If not, I'll just go back to listening to the Whale Shrooms for a while longer.
Unlikely to be a PTB for 1.3. But the last time I said that we decided to do one anyway a week later so hey. :)

Sonny Bos

Firebreather
Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
is it me or is there little to none information availble for this dlc? personally id like to hear/read something about what we can expect from this dlc.. seeing this sentinel thingy is cool and all but i was browsing forums to find out either when release is or reading up as for what we can expect

personally im hoping for some new original campaign maps, otherwise i have to start figuring out at what point maps start to lag (in map editor)

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
is it me or is there little to none information availble for this dlc? personally id like to hear/read something about what we can expect from this dlc.. seeing this sentinel thingy is cool and all but i was browsing forums to find out either when release is or reading up as for what we can expect

personally im hoping for some new original campaign maps, otherwise i have to start figuring out at what point maps start to lag (in map editor)
Recap of Info you (the public) currently know:
  • New Campaign with 4 levels (which are bigger and more open/free to play your way than the original campaign) .
  • New aspects (not going to say how many in case that's breaking my NDA) but more than just the Sentinel.
  • New Dungeon Themes/Skin(s?) (again not saying how many to cover my ass but atleast 1).
No promises but i'll see if I can get someone official in here to maybe tease you with some more info :)

Sonny Bos

Firebreather
Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
i really hope so.. not asking for mayor spoilers or anything.. just want to hear a little more about it..
little things such as does it have a connection with the story of the first campaign.
will there be new minions/rooms
will there be a prison game mode (basicly you gain your army through sheer tactics and torture)
larger maps how? i believe we currently are able to make 126x126 maps.. bigger then this?
will this dlc come with bug fixes, even though my computer is very new im still having lag on most comunity maps

okay i may be getting a little to demanding on what i want to know but still these things are on my mind atm

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
i really hope so.. not asking for mayor spoilers or anything.. just want to hear a little more about it..
little things such as does it have a connection with the story of the first campaign.
will there be new minions/rooms
will there be a prison game mode (basicly you gain your army through sheer tactics and torture)
larger maps how? i believe we currently are able to make 126x126 maps.. bigger then this?
will this dlc come with bug fixes, even though my computer is very new im still having lag on most comunity maps

okay i may be getting a little to demanding on what i want to know but still these things are on my mind atm
It takes place after the conclusion of the main campaign.. what happened next kind of deal.
Bug fixes come free in patches (and 1.4 patch will be released at the same time as the DLC), nobody is going to be required to purchase the DLC to get bug fixes.
126 x 126 is the maximum limit on maps because maps that size are already huge (and laggy enough) as it is, that won't be increasing at this time (and may never increase at all before anyone gets their hopes up)

Lag isn't a bug, it's an optimization issue, and comes from people putting so much content in their community maps, which is why the 126x126 size won't be increasing, that it causes people's systems to lag.

I personally can't really answer any more of your DLC related questions than that i'm afraid.

Top Bottom