• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Heart of Gold Release Date & Preview: Gild

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
Well this made my day. I am far less depressed now.

Fuck... this means I am going to need to open Steam in a week and wait 5 minutes for it to update... I hate Steam, such an unpleasant experience every time I am FORCED to use it....

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Well this made my day. I am far less depressed now.

Fuck... this means I am going to need to open Steam in a week and wait 5 minutes for it to update... I hate Steam, such an unpleasant experience every time I am FORCED to use it....
Ha! 5 Minutes :p you wish it would only take 5 minutes.

I just noticed at the end of the video that THREE new themes will be part of HoG. Any hints as to what style these themes will follow? Maybe from our new Loremaster, Tim?
No spoilers!

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
Just one day to go! Exciting!

On another note, i like the new Design of the Website. I'm just kinda sad that it doesn't show news anymore. It always nice to just take a quick look at the site quickly and see if something new was up on one look, instead of having to search trough the forum.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Just one day to go! Exciting!

On another note, i like the new Design of the Website. I'm just kinda sad that it doesn't show news anymore. It always nice to just take a quick look at the site quickly and see if something new was up on one look, instead of having to search trough the forum.
It does show news ;) There's two parts to it, someone who hasn't visited before will be shown the buy now page. After that they'll be taken to the news page you know and love. You can also click the "Continue to full website" link at the top.

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
...someone who hasn't visited before will be shown the buy now page...
That really annoys me and pissed me off the first time that happened. I have some anger issues and bullshit like that triggers it. I hate when websites redirect you to something they want you to see before you can see what you came there to see. If I clear my cookies then the site will do it again. The buy page seems to be heavy on javascript which means I now must allow JS for that page and reload before I can click to go back to the news. I already have the game and I don't want to ever fucking see a page telling me to buy the game. I think it is a fair assumption that most people who visit the main site will already have the game. Those who visit regularly will certainly have the game. Why are you pissing us off and making our lives just a little bit more stressful just so you can occasionally pester some new potential customer into buying the game?

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
That really annoys me and pissed me off the first time that happened. I have some anger issues and bullshit like that triggers it. I hate when websites redirect you to something they want you to see before you can see what you came there to see. If I clear my cookies then the site will do it again. The buy page seems to be heavy on javascript which means I now must allow JS for that page and reload before I can click to go back to the news. I already have the game and I don't want to ever fucking see a page telling me to buy the game. I think it is a fair assumption that most people who visit the main site will already have the game. Those who visit regularly will certainly have the game. Why are you pissing us off and making our lives just a little bit more stressful just so you can occasionally pester some new potential customer into buying the game?
I appreciate that this can be temporarily frustrating for existing customers but this is solely intended for new customers (and anyone who wants to buy Heart of Gold) it's a landing page and you'll find that they're incredibly common, it's so we can provide information to potential customers who have no idea what WFTO is.

Ultimately new customers are the life and blood of games, future content always relies on continued sales and providing this information will help lead to continued sales. Given the choice between continued support and a few seconds of your time until you get the cookie what would you choose?

For anyone who's visited the site before it won't appear again unless you click to buy the game, provided you don't clear out your cookies (which is of course your choice but there's a reason why they're used) as for Javascript that's not really my area but I didn't have to enable anything for the page to work, so chances are if there is java it's very light.

By the way you lied to us, you said it would be available on the 27th and and it is the 27th but nothing it downloading.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/uk/london

Heart of Gold will be available on the 27th of May at some point during the 24 hours that it is that date in London.

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
Heart of Gold will be available on the 27th of May at some point during the 24 hours that it is that date in London.
Yeah, you guys never specified the time and time zone that HoG would be released only that it would be on the 27th and so I took it upon myself to assume that meant Australia and parts of Asia where it is already Friday the 27th so...

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Yeah, you guys never specified the time and time zone that HoG would be released only that it would be on the 27th and so I took it upon myself to assume that meant Australia and parts of Asia where it is already Friday the 27th so...
It's a British based studio, so for future reference and to avoid future disappointment you can pretty much safely assume when they say a time/date that they're speaking about the GMT timezone.

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
LOL, I was messing with you guys BTW. I was just having fun at the non specific language you use in your posts. I thought you would have learned by now that I will always take every opportunity to harass you guys whenever you use general statements. I know you guys don't like being too specific because you don't want to disappoint us but I have to do something to pass the time. :p

Only 4 hours and 20 minuets to go until it is the May 27th in GMT and I can play HoG!!!

Last edited:

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
LOL, I was messing with you guys BTW. I was just having fun at the non specific language you use in your posts. I thought you would have learned by now that I will always take every opportunity to harass you guys whenever you use general statements. I know you guys don't like being too specific because you don't want to disappoint us but I have to do something to pass the time. :p

Only 4 hours and 20 minuets to go until it is the May 27th in GMT and I can play HoG!!!
8 Minutes now until the 27th now.. but i'm trying to persuade them to wait until 11:59pm tomorrow night just to annoy you ;)

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
8 Minutes now until the 27th now.. but i'm trying to persuade them to wait until 11:59pm tomorrow night just to annoy you ;)
You evil bastard!

So does one of you have to hit a button on your Steam account to publish it or is it set up to be automatically published and pushed out to our clients at a specific time?

Aug 31, 2015
Been coming everyday to check on HOG release and so excited to see that it's coming hopefully some point today.
Will a full change log be released when the update is rolled out as I find reading them just makes me want to play WFTO more.
Greetings from Sheffield.

Top Bottom