• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Hero] Genie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
Name Genie

Preface So, I was reading suggestions and comments and it struck me that almost all of the (few) Hero suggestions were decidedly Western, both in feel and background, and so, I began thinking of all the many Eastern myths. Twenty minutes later, I ended up on a Wikipedia page on Middle Eastern folklore. And one word especially popped out at me, "Genie". Genies (at least my version) are charismatic, clever, and benevolent entities that use their flashy magic to disorient and distract their enemies with their fabled illusions.

Appearance image:

Stats:

Health: Low
Armor: Low (What did you expect? She's wearing silk!)
Movement Speed: Above-Average
Attack strength: Low
Attack speed: Above Average
Intelligence: Very High
Construction: Low
Training Rate: Average
Training Cost: Average
Wage: High

Skills:
Level 1: Slap
Basic melee attack. No frills.
Level 3: Flash-Bang
The Genie hurls a handful of small, multicolored glowing orbs at nearby ground. These orbs explode upon contact, stunning all nearby enemies for 3-5 seconds.
Level 5: Misplace
The Genie forcibly teleports 1-3 nearby opponent through her realm. The creatures have the potential appear anywhere on their own claimed land.
Level 7: Illusion
A mirage of a high leveled creature terrifies enemy units, driving them back to their lair.
Level 10: ????
I really can't think of anything for this. Ideas please!

Special Abilities:
Seer The Genie knows what is true and what is false, and can dispel illusions and reveal the hidden or invisible.

Information: The Genie are masters of illusion, regarding tricking mortals as one of life's finer things. And while there tricks tend to get mortals in a bit of trouble, they would never hurt an innocent, and those who do are regarded as the scum of Genie society. What makes the Genie notable is their distinct illusion magic, which not only allows them to create false images and blinding lights, but also allows them to, in small ways, alter the physical world by meshing it with their own, transporting objects and creatures to random destinations.

Appearance: The Genies the mortal world sees are all female, and come in a variety of colors. Greens, blues, and purples are all likely skin colors. They have outfits that look like the type worn by belly-dancers, and wear many different types of jewelry, though they travel barefoot.

Behavior in Dungeon: The Genie loves attention. She'll play tricks, create small illusions, and hang around in the tavern if that's what it takes. Despite this somewhat childish nature, they do enjoy reading musty old tomes, if only because they're really looking for the exciting parts.

Battle Style: The Genie stays close enough to work her magic, yet far enough to not be hurt. Her attacks are useful in any situation as they are not affected by resistances. Flash-Bang is often used to strike the first blow and get the extra seconds in to get your people into or out of the battle. Illusion can significantly lower the number of approaching enemies.

Jobs: Researching
Entertaining allies to keep the morale high.

Loves: Books, pranks, other pranksters

Hates: People who take life too seriously

Anger reaction: Lowers your units morale

Lair: An ornate lamp on a cushioned table.

Obtainable By: Hero

Attracted by: Large libraries

How Introduced: Screws up a charge on a Lord's Keep, then introduced by the Advisor.

Advisor Quotes: *Whispers* Be careful, Lord, how do we know if she's real?

Feb 9, 2012
I like this idea, however it seems like she settles into your dungeon quite nicely. This is just my opinion but I think heroes shouldn't be all too happy about being forced to become evil through torture. She should dislike more creatures, maybe evil illusionists or something. Just my ideas, you can put them through a shredder if you don't like them.

Feb 10, 2012
-i love the abilities. they are unique and, kind of a pain in the ass to deal with if she isnt on your side. level 5 is a sweet ability but be sure to give it a long cooldown! level 3 and 7 are as well very awesome.
-i agree with poison that maybe she should be less cheerful in a keeper dungeon, maybe give her some more dislikes?
-overall good suggestion, very good cc abilities, like the behavior while in hero dungeon.

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
I like this idea, however it seems like she settles into your dungeon quite nicely. This is just my opinion but I think heroes shouldn't be all too happy about being forced to become evil through torture. She should dislike more creatures, maybe evil illusionists or something. Just my ideas, you can put them through a shredder if you don't like them.
Something I had trouble with was finding her niche. I can't think of things she might hate, so I may just put in creatures who are illusion resistant and creatures who are scary, which will probably end up being about half the Creature side.
Level 10: Grant Wish
Resets the cooldown on the skills of nearby friendly creatures
As for the Level 10 idea, it's good but works better for a buffer. She's more of a crowd control than anything, so I would be looking for something that goes along those lines. I may end up swapping a few abilities around. Some seem more powerful than others. As for now, I'm still thinking of ideas.

Feb 9, 2012
Something I had trouble with was finding her niche. I can't think of things she might hate, so I may just put in creatures who are illusion resistant and creatures who are scary, which will probably end up being about half the Creature side.
If an Efrit happens to make it in I'm sure the genie wouldn't like it all too much.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
i really like this idea, different from the rest and unique... maybe, although she likes other creatures, many creatures and heroes alike are VERY suspicious of her and may even be hostile.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
it was already bumped and since i made the suggestions so far topic there isnt really a reason to Bump something. ;)

but anyway welcome back ^^

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
it was already bumped and since i made the suggestions so far topic there isnt really a reason to Bump something. ;)

but anyway welcome back ^^
Oops. Sorry! Hadn't seen that topic but that actually makes it much easier to come up with suggestions.

Anyway last post in this thread for a while because I don't want to disturb the powers that be.

Kelphy

Warden
WFTO Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Australia
Level 10: Grant Wish
Resets the cooldown on the skills of nearby friendly creatures
I had to quote this because if they ever did bring in a Genie I'd have to say this ability would be 'perfect'!

As for the genie I do love the idea, but please don't make them different colours! Too complex, keep things simple! I must agree with you though, they would be perfect as a hero to fight and to convert! They would be a pain in the butt too if they used "Grant Wish" and the heroes got to use their special abilities more often! I actually think this idea has a lot of potential!

Well done to PumpkinKing for this grand idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom