• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Kickstarter - The Universim

Exaken

Priestess
Backer
May 3, 2013
The Netherlands
This looks really cool and they already got $46000 in 2 days. There is also a multiplayer stretch, would be cool if they reach it. Certainly worth backing.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
Founder
Dec 29, 2012
looks pretty good ... not sure if i can afford it atm though daym. havent backed something sor some time now :(

Nov 25, 2013
Germany
It seems that they have some trouble with getting it kickstarted.
They have 16 days to go and have 187.7K out of 320K.

It would be too sad for this project.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
Germany
they are over half way with over 2 weeks to go, they'll be fine I think, not like Outcast HD reboot which failed yesterday, only getting a little over 250k/600k :'(
Hope you are right ;)
I think one of the problem with outcast was that they wanted too much money for a HD reboot.
Additionally many fans of Outcast are living in European countries in which the credit card payment method is not very well distributed. Kickstarter should add PayPal as a payment method. For this reason Crytivo added a PayPal payment method for Universim.

Huntress
Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
I think requiring a "credit card" is a misconception, I have backed several kickstarters and never once with a credit card, I always use my debit card and it is fine.but you are right, a paypal option would be better anyway. and yes they might have asked for a little too much, I think 300k would have been better ( i know they didn't even get 400k but kickstarters don't work linearly, there is always a boost at the end) had they asked for 300k and asked for paypal on the side, I have no doubt they would have got over 500k in total. which would have been enough probably, and taking into account early access they would have made well over 600k eventually.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
Founder
Dec 18, 2011
It's a shame Universim isn't getting the money it needs, but if they released an aplha version like wfto did then get TB to preview it then they'd get more publicity and funding, also do they really need $320k/£188k?
It appears they already have the game engine ready could it just be greed?

Nov 25, 2013
Germany
I agree that a technical alpha/demo would give more trust in the project. Looking at comments of the KS page, people want to see more ingame scenes or developers bio's. There is a lack of trust.
That is the problem with kickstarter. You have to trust to someone who you don't know.
I had trust in Outcast HD because I knew that he would make it and is a well known person. I trusted WFTO because of a running tech demo and the statement of Peter.

Last edited:

Triscopic

Crackpot
Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
I totally understand. I've backed it but I'm a bit concerned that with 13 project updates all but a couple have been either "yay more backer levels" or just fluff, like a photo of a cow photoshopped into a spacesuit. WftO had updates with a working demo, unit and room reveals, and an AMA.

It makes me worry that crytivo don't fully know what they are getting into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom