• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Mechanics/information/HUD

Svirve

Gnarling
Jul 3, 2014
Parts Unknown
Stuff I'm missing in the current version of WFTO is:

Mouseover information for the top part of the HUD, gold, ritual(?) the red stuff, and mana.

Being able to right click rooms in the build screen to center on that particular room, if you've already built one.

Integrating rituals into spells and potions into traps. Much like the unit screen you can change between hapiness, level, combat etc. In the same way you could switch from spells to rituals and back. And from traps to potions and back.

Predetermined order for the build/spell/traps HUD. Having them appear in a different order each game is quite the nuisance.

Mousover tooltips, generally they're lacking but specifically:
Information about effectiveness in tooltips. Effective use of slaps and potions will be crucial for effective dungeon building.
Information about rooms; capacity, production, usage, efficiency.

Killing imps, rather than slapping them to death there should be a more efficient and less time consuming way to reduce your numbers.

That's what I've come up with so far after a few hours of gameplay.

Love the game and I'm really glad you've revived what to me has been a dead genre since DK2 15 years ago :)

Marados

Matriarch
Founder
Dec 18, 2013
Germany
Hi Svirve,
on which operating system and which version do you play?
I guess, some of your mentioned issues were already fixed since the last patches.:eek:
1)
Being able to right click rooms in the build screen to center on that particular room, if you've already built one.
This was implemented in patch 0.4.2.:cool: See the patch notes and look for the last line in "Other Features". There it is.
2)
Predetermined order for the build/spell/traps HUD. Having them appear in a different order each game is quite the nuisance.
I think this also got implemented in patch 0.4.2 (I can't find the patch note). The current predetermined order will (hopefully:D) not be the final. But to better understand it: here is the official statement for this (from this thread discussion):
Well to be concrete I'm going to sort elements ascending according to orderingIndex = voeRow * maxVoeColumns + voeColumn
So the order is from top to bottom and left to right, so all in the first row come before any of the second row.
At least I understood that is what is wanted?
3)
Killing imps, rather than slapping them to death there should be a more efficient and less time consuming way to reduce your numbers.
a) Imps will be more efficient when you slap them. This has been already internally fixed. You will see that next patch. Here is the discussion.
b) The Slapping damage is still in a discussion (with still no official statement:oops:). Would be nice if you could tell us your opinion in this thread.
4)
Mousover tooltips, generally they're lacking but specifically:
Information about effectiveness in tooltips. Effective use of slaps and potions will be crucial for effective dungeon building.
Information about rooms; capacity, production, usage, efficiency.
Well, the current tooltips are only some kind of a placeholder. So you can be sure, they will be completely reworked in near future.:)
5)
Integrating rituals into spells and potions into traps. Much like the unit screen you can change between hapiness, level, combat etc. In the same way you could switch from spells to rituals and back. And from traps to potions and back.
Finally, I think this will be the only aspects I am not "criticizing". Sorry for that!;)
I have never heared of this idea before. But somehow I really like it.:D

Greetings, Marados

Last edited:

v0id

Programmer
Dev Team
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Hello Svirve, I just add to Marados post, which already correctly states that almost everything you want is either already implemented or in progress.

Have you tried to simply throw these minions into the own dungeon core? Or into any own gateway? This is the fastest way to remove minions.

Not sure what you mean but here I attach a screenshot of something i currently work on. Maybe it is what you are looking for?
potionpanel.png

Otherwise I start now to work on a first mock for the Ritual UI ;)

Last edited:

Svirve

Gnarling
Jul 3, 2014
Parts Unknown
@Marados: Ah seems I havn't updated in a while then, got my hands on WFTO a couple of weeks (months?) ago and havn't gotten to posting this or updating for a while.

My point wasn't that slapping kills my imps, slapping imps is one of the greatest pleasures about this game (and DK2).
But a simpler way of killing them. Like dropping them in a sacrifice pit or the portal or dungeon core.

I understand the tooltips are a placeholder, I was making suggestions for what I was missing in them.

@Void: Is that something that was implemented recently? I havn't updated since v0.41 it seems.

That looks as what I was hoping for :) Thanks for that sneak peek :)

Basically seems like I'll have to update and give you feedback then :)

Thanks for you answers.

v0id

Programmer
Dev Team
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
My point wasn't that slapping kills my imps, slapping imps is one of the greatest pleasures about this game (and DK2).
But a simpler way of killing them. Like dropping them in a sacrifice pit or the portal or dungeon core.

@Void: Is that something that was implemented recently? I havn't updated since v0.41 it seems.
Throwing workers into the core(to recycle them for mana) or minions into the gateway (simply removes them) was already implemented in 0.4.0 you can find it anywhere in
https://forum.subterraneangames.com/threads/patch-notes-bedrock-beta-v0-4-0-Überlord.5788/
under "Other Features, Improvements & Changes"
Also you can throw minions into the crypt pyres to generate corpse (doesn't work for imps) which can be raised to ghouls by a necromancer and you can turture your minions on torture chamber props to kill them and gain a spirit (does not work for beasts nor imps) to scout the map silently.
Which is supported since long, since we have those rooms in game.
Furthermore you can sacrifice minions in the sanctuary to speed up a ritual in progress. (only one minion per ritual, no imps)

What else would you like to do with minions you don't want to keep?

Last edited:

Svirve

Gnarling
Jul 3, 2014
Parts Unknown
Didn't try throwing my imps in the core before.

Hmm, interesting, didn't know about that. Thanks for the tip.
Does that work for enemies as well? Or do I have to convert them through the Torture chamber first?

Can't think of anything now that I've got more of a clue.

v0id

Programmer
Dev Team
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Does that work for enemies as well? Or do I have to convert them through the Torture chamber first?
Enemies always need to be imprisoned first, but then they can be thrown into the crypt pyres or torture props.
After thrown into the Torture Chamber when hovering the prop with the hand, it will show up a purple wirecuboid, which means it is in corruption mode. One can click on the prop to toggle it to kill mode which shows then an orange wirecuboid, this user feedback is only placeholder but the mechanics should be there.

Last edited:

Svirve

Gnarling
Jul 3, 2014
Parts Unknown
Yea I figured that part out, thanks for pointing out the red/purple thing, didn't really understand that.

I'm gonna head over to general discussion with further questions. Thanks a ton for your help, it's much appreciated.
And so is your work on the game as well, loving it so far and it's bringing back a ton of memories from playing DK many many years ago.

Top Bottom