• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Mission 12 - Help with the three Keepers

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
Dear community,

at first I must say I really like, how the campaign processed with its many different play-style missions that make you learn the game. I never hat too many problems taking the challenge so far, but this mission I restarted and lost already three times. So I think I might missed something important regarding the gameplay. There are many solutions to this missions written in the Steam Community but mostly the answers consist of a "rush B" like solution, which I think were not intended by the developers and discomfort me also very much. So I hope to give you a clear idea of what I am doing in this mission and that you guys can give me some nice non-gamebreaking solutions (like mass spawn ember deamons) instead.

I try to claim the gold fields and the two gold shrines as soon as possible and build every available room as asap to attract as many creatures as possible very soon. Then instead of letting the goblins train in the training room and the ogres guard, I throw them in the arena every two minutes and hope their level will gain. I also summon many workers to fortify my walls and build a few traps at the roads I think the enemy will come through soon.

In my first try, I tried to crush the Keeper on the north west, since he breaked through my walls first, but then the female Keeper to the south west tried to summon a Titan and got also through my walls, which made me end up in two wars which I could not win. On my second and third try, I used to attack the female Keeper on the south west first before she could summon her Titan, but their golden warriors crushed my level 1-3 army already. Then the Keeper from the north west got into my Dungeon, claimed my rooms and got to my Dungeon Heart.

I really feel like I am missing some core gameplay todo's since I fail so hard on this mission. I want to build my Dungeon and train my creatures in peace and then crush them one by one as I did in the Dungeon Keeper series, but I am always too weak, which makes me question myself and what I did miss in the game rules that makes me fail every time.
So I hope for your experiences in this mission and what hints you may have for me in this quest.
Also I must say that I enjoy the enemies conversations in this missions really and their different looking dungeons and special foes. Great work on this dearest devs! :)

Aug 18, 2015
The kenos gives you really fast mana generation, so you can zap many untis to death.
Try to get as many units as you can, like ember demons, Beast from the start and fluent minion spawn (means enough props for units to spawn as soon as the spawntimer allows it).
Go for the Archon, and summon it when you have 5 sins avilable.

Here's a video for the speedrun achievement, perhaps you find something usefullthere

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
Ah wow you know so many things I didn't, wow that's really amazing! I will give it a try and try to use the magic more and get the gold earlier.

I wonder why you disable the spawning of some of the units in the beginning? Do other units then spawn more often?

PS: Be kind to your Miez please. "Schnauze Miez!" is not so nice, but I loved the way she answered to you after this. :D

Aug 18, 2015
Ah wow you know so many things I didn't, wow that's really amazing! I will give it a try and try to use the magic more and get the gold earlier.

I wonder why you disable the spawning of some of the units in the beginning? Do other units then spawn more often?

PS: Be kind to your Miez please. "Schnauze Miez!" is not so nice, but I loved the way she answered to you after this. :D
hahaha XD
Yea, that's just something I took up from Southpark ^^' She doesn't care if I say that, because she know that I will pet her anyways, because she's so damn cute and fluffy :3

The thing about beasts is, decide for 1 or max 2 types of beasts you want to attract. Beasts are stronger when they are at the same kind, at least when you choose the one which fits your playstyle or strategy.
- Skargs are great early tanks, which can be thrown into battle after short period of times, which can be very benefitial when you have fights going on constantly (when I play against webber for example^^).
- Oculi can fly and stun, which makes then great for maps with chasm and if you play on early aggresion to stun many (in that way 3) units
- BAFUS deal a shit ton of dmg but die really fast, so have some sort meat shild for them
- Shadows have 1 slow stun and deal a lot of damage, their HP is also okey. I rarly use them, but the positiv sideeffect is, as long they do not attack, they cant (or shouldnt) be zapped, which can be very usefull (did that in the Final Match against Webber and worked out great)

I deactivated Gnarlings at the beginning because I want 4 Cultitsts at first, but they should also train in the Barracks. I activated them at the point where I didnt care anymore which units I got. Dont get me wrong, Gnarlings are still vailable, but I have something else in mind, which is better.

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
Thank you Klaus, for the additional information regarding your tactics in this mission. With your help I was able to win this mission finally without even using the Kenos. Your video was a really nice guide on this one. I even managed, with the new learned knowledge, to win the final mission afterwards, watching the awesome cutscene in the end. :)

Greatings to you and your cat and again thank you for your help! :)

Aug 18, 2015
You're welcome.
I find it weird that people on the internet call me with my first name, but hey, I never hided it anyway :p
Glad you managed to beat the next mission.

If you need additional help, dont hessitate to ask

btw, I have 2 cats D: and one is an a**hole

Top Bottom