• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MP Competition

Marados

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2013
Germany
EDIT: Informations below are outdated!!

Darkest Greetings, Underlords

we plan to organise a MP tournament.

Please sign in here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/YGxiV0zAiU
You can watch the tournament here: http://challonge.com/WFTOtournament

Please sign in before Saturday, the 26th (exact start time can be seen in the bracket).

The actual competition is going to use a knockout system for which we will need at least 16 participants.
For now I can just tell you it is going to happen soon after the release of 1.2 (we might have to wait for a few hotfixes though).

Prizes
The winner gets access to the golden worker skin. This skin will be brand new so you might be the first player who owns it.
The top three will be rewarded with the founders club pack (that means access to all themes) and a news post naming you.

I will update this thread as soon as I know something new about feasible prizes or other informations.

Regards,
Marados

Registered Members (26):
  • Marados
  • Lord of Riva
  • Alistair
  • BeetleJuice™
  • Beneathar
  • BlackBeard
  • Simburgur
  • nutter666
  • Serjian
  • Böhser Onkel [AUT]
  • Vindi
  • Slichizard
  • Xander
  • headseeker
  • Antking
  • Skorp
  • Moreum
  • Psycix
  • GGMarZhill
  • Deagle
  • Medjay
  • Kemosonian
  • Crimson King
  • Croninho
  • Earl86
  • Gmanno99

2nd Round
Welcome back to the 2nd WFTO Tournament.

To participate, please sign up here:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/dRc8HmED7D

If you have any problems or questions, add them to this thread here.
Any other informations (like the specific date or the prices) will be announced soon.

But first of all we have to check whether enough underlords want to participate.
It would be helpful if you could also start looking for new members in steam communitys and other platforms. Simply link them this thread.

Cheers,
Marados

Last edited:

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
#Hype !
my life for Aiur.
I participate willingly .. toooo warrrrr

I do not think to be able to host, my connection is 7 mb download and 0.43 upload .. I'll have to do some extensive testing with Riva: P

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Golden worker skin? Is there a preview for that somewhere?

As much as I'd love to participate, my poor internet and lack of free time prevents me from doing so. No matter, I'm horrible at mp anyway. :p
Not actually been revealed yet - It's part of the unlock system in 1.2, exclusive to contest winners and community contributors.

Oh and I'll play as long as it's not when we are moving.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Not actually been revealed yet - It's part of the unlock system in 1.2, exclusive to contest winners and community contributors.

Oh and I'll play as long as it's not when we are moving.
good that you are bad, as you own the skin anyways.

/me runs away

Aug 18, 2015
#Hype !

Let's join the battle.
I always wanted to play against a Developer >:-D

Edit:
Forgot to mention, I can host a game.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2013
oh yea! :)

I would be interested in joining the tournament, though I haven't played a multiplayer match yet :p. I should be available to play matches on (most) wednesdays and sundays.

Aug 18, 2015
Will there be any rules?
And will we only play 1vs1 and 2vs2 maps?

I also would like to know, if requests taken into consideration?
For example, If I do not want to play against a Dev or a player too early?

Last edited:

Marados

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2013
Germany
EDIT: The informations in this post are outdated as it it about the first WFTO Tournament back in Sep2015.

I will try to give a few more informations.

As one of the first community tournaments we have to think about quite a few things.
The most important things is having fun!:D

The general system
We are going to use a simple group and a knock-out system which are quite similar to the FIFA world cup rules.
In the beginning, you will see yourself in a group of 4players. Everybody will have to fight against each other in your group. The two winners of each group will get access to the knock-out rounds.
Over there, only the winner of each fight will be able to continue to the next round.

Playing with rules
There is only one rule: no cheats!
I don't think we should force anyone to play with other specific rules or on specific maps. Of course you can still decide on several rules if you opponent agrees.

Requests?
Yes, please. I am happy about any suggestion or constructive criticism to help organising this tournament. It is a community project so...why not?

Technical side & Communication
We plan to use challonge.com to keep it simple and to show you who is the next player you have to eliminate. It offers a fancy board to display the whole tournament.

That said you will have to communicate by yourself (most likely through Steam or Forum PMs). At the end, at least one of you should share the result of the match in this thread (or send me a PM).
I also suggest to record the games you do so we can easily prevent any questionable situations.

Period of time
I guess we have to wait for 1.2 to release first. On the other side -if needed- it would also be helpful to wait for a few hotfixes.
The general period will be set to a longer stretch -about one or two weeks for the group phase and another two for the finals- so we don't rush anyone.
EDIT: It starts on saturday, the 26th.

Regards,
Marados

Last edited:
Top Bottom