• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

My childhood dream just died hoping for a spiritual sucessor

Sonny Bos

Firebreather
Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
Hey all.. Noon told me on discord i could post it here, so here i go

i just found out about the mobile nightmare awaiting to happen.. Command and Conquer.
as i was reading my inner child was slowly dying, till i remembered a stream of you guys during kickstarter of WFTO.
A member asked if you guys would consider command and conquer and the aswer was yes.
now i do have to say c&c 3 was the last good C&C game that was made, even though it came with great flaws already
in the first 2 parts, Dawn and Sun, you really had the fealing you were battlling the tiberium that was growing rampant across the globe (and on your maps) now in part 3 they made these tiberium fields small patches which in my viwe took away a great aspect of the game. you have a form of investation of sorts and here you have perfectly well maintained pathcees of tiberium, not just that but the orange waste that damaged tanks in tiberium sun (which was a nice addition) also disappeared.
now like many others i would like to see a game like this: world gets taken over by some radioactive plant (or other substance) factions form, and you battle over mineral control, WHILE KEEPING YOUR BASE CLEAN OF SUCH OVERGROWTHS! (<- this last one is key) while many games have the RTS elements down the thing that made C&C great was kane and tiberium
now i have a lot of idea's on this front and before i rant on, ill cut this one short.. it may not even happen afterall
so here was my quick thought, and remember now i have many more ;)

Noontide

Award Winning Community Manager
Dev Team
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Hey Sonny Bos,

I hear you on this, we're big, big fans of the C&C Franchise and RTS games in general. It's something I personally would love to see appropriately resurrected.

Naturally, I cannot talk about future projects but if we were to do something in the vein of C&C we'd probably want to be larger than we are now. There's a lot of great stuff which simply could not be done with our team as it is now. If we were to pay homage to such a great series we'd want to make sure we do it right with hammy live action cutscenes and all.

Plus the setting I would argue is much of the draw. I too love the Tiberium universe. Tiberian Sun is my favoured game of the franchise and I too missed the feeling of an alien infestation complete with distinct flora and fauna which were present in the game. To me the "Red Zones" in C&C3 did not feel as alien as many of the things we saw in the second game in the series.

So I guess in summary. I'd love to see us work on something in that vein but I think truly paying homage to such a juggernaut is in a whole different ball game than what we've done so far and our current plans for the immediate future aren't geared in that direction. But I'll never say never, I think given the resources we could do something great with a base building mainstream RTS.

Cheers,

Lee

Sonny Bos

Firebreather
Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
So I guess in summary. I'd love to see us work on something in that vein but I think truly paying homage to such a juggernaut is in a whole different ball game than what we've done so far and our current plans for the immediate future aren't geared in that direction. But I'll never say never, I think given the resources we could do something great with a base building mainstream RTS.
Lets not forget how westwood started, C&C was never expected to do as well as it did and they had real issue's supplying the game disks at first.. you guys wont have that problem.. one of the perks of the digital age..
imo you guys have the skills already in house to pull this off
the bigest problem would indeed be cinematics.. ill be blunt, nobody can replace Kane.. but then again i really liked Michael Ironside as Jack Granger
so i suppose it will be how well the characters would be displayed

Top Bottom