• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Necromancer design discussion

What is your opinion on the Necromancer design?

• Perfect as is

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Needs a few minor tweaks

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Needs major changes

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Scrap it and go back to the drawing board

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters

M4G

Bloodling
Dec 4, 2012
Hmmm..... tossing an idea out.... what if the basic necromancer had a 3/4 sleeve robe with the belt and pouches and necklace. Then, and as it levelled up, the robe might be ragged in places, stained with blood or burned or torn, and as it continues to level, there more exposure and less concern with normal mortal clothing, leading to a slightly rag-ish appearance and more accessories, more carved bones or tattoos or more bits on the staff or the skull around it's neck having a faint glow now and then. The final level or two could be a lich-type appearance of wasted/partially ephermal. Sorcerers go for the arcane cocktail party suave presentation, necromancers get their hands dirty and are willing to muck in any messy ritual or drink/eat anything at least once. Wouldn't be bad if they were attracted to new corpses for a short while of musing, or hung out at the prison to watch mortals waste away...
http://melaniemaier.deviantart.com/art/The-Undead-Warlock-342498254
http://mattdonnici.deviantart.com/art/Lich-296149433
http://namesjames.deviantart.com/art/Graven-Lich-MtG-279736197

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I'm still against the Necromancer having a robe, simply because the cultist already fills out the "evil-guy-with-robes" niche. If we gave both the Cultist and the Necromancer robes, they may start a catfight about whose robes are prettier, and we don't want to see that, do we?

May 16, 2013
UK
I would.

My minions will fight, and only the strong will live to serve me!

EDIT: also, their robes must be fabulous, I DEMAND MY MINIONS HAVE FABULOUS FASHION SENSE.

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
I wouldn't like to see a creature getting changed just because it looks like another creature though. I would rather they look similar than have the Necromancer getting made under because the Cultist concept was made first.

May 29, 2013
Okay so first off why are people knocking this design for being stylized? DK1 was stylized. Why does every game have to have perfect realist models? Anyone who played DK1 will be abundantly familiar with the dark humour the game was rampant with. A slight stylizing keeps the game looking unique and allows for more space to be used for gameplay. Remember DK2, really great models but 1/3 the Monster/Hero models? That sucked.

So rant over. I like the design, including the jaw. It captures a 'death laughing at you' feel which is very appropriate for a Necromancer. I also like that it hides the face keeping the creature anonymous and spooky. The only thing I'd change at all is the staff which feels a little, no pun intended, bare bones. Unless of course your planning on upgrading the weapons in game.. in which case its a good entry level model.

As far as Necromancer vs Cultist goes I think they SHOULD have some similarities. Their both evil humans with some-what similar mentalities. The only real difference is the Necromancer has an obsession with the dead (hence the bones).

Top Bottom