• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Patch 1.2.1 Now Available!

oimel

Gnarling
Jul 25, 2015
why cant u bring back the sandboxmap MY LITTLE DREAM DUNGEON ? why is the game telling me permanently to end a level ("underlord its boring to watch u play" shut up, i play for my fun and i want to stay long in a lvl) ? because your game / levels only work a short time then it gets buggy , shame on you.

bring back the dreamdungeon sandboxmap ,thats why i buyed the game . i want to build romms as i want ( and not what the campain map allows me) + convert enemys in tortur chamber (the actual sandboxmap is the lamest possible version of a sandboxmap )

or bring a editor so we can create lvls

if u cant do that , then pay a programmer who can do it

at the moment im sad that i payed 20 € for this game , i better payed 2€ for the old DK2 there i can play dream dungeon for hours without getting told that i suck and VAMPIRES DONT ATTACK MY OTHER UNITS

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
why cant u bring back the sandboxmap MY LITTLE DREAM DUNGEON ? why is the game telling me permanently to end a level ("underlord its boring to watch u play" shut up, i play for my fun and i want to stay long in a lvl) ? because your game / levels only work a short time then it gets buggy , shame on you.

bring back the dreamdungeon sandboxmap ,thats why i buyed the game . i want to build romms as i want ( and not what the campain map allows me) + convert enemys in tortur chamber (the actual sandboxmap is the lamest possible version of a sandboxmap )

or bring a editor so we can create lvls

if u cant do that , then pay a programmer who can do it

at the moment im sad that i payed 20 € for this game , i better payed 2€ for the old DK2 there i can play dream dungeon for hours without getting told that i suck and VAMPIRES DONT ATTACK MY OTHER UNITS
Hello Oimel,

instead of ranting you should suggest. Im not entirely sure what you even mean, the sandbox map in WFTO gives you all the option the Sandbox map of the other DMG gave you?

we will also release a map editor "soonish" albeit it wont have scripting capabilities , so you wont be able to script hero attack waves etc.

Im not too sure what else to tell you, im sorry you do not like the other modes of the game.

please read:
https://forum.subterraneangames.com/threads/forum-rules-frequently-asked-questions.724/

before further posting, thank you

Lord of Riva
QA Supervisor

Dennis Cappendijk

Disciple
WFTO Backer
Jan 24, 2013
Constructs
  • It is no longer possible to build constructs on rooms other than shrines

Not a big fan of this, now I cant place gold votexes in the corners of rooms (on room tiles) which are to the outer edges of my territory (and far away from coin storage) :(

oimel

Gnarling
Jul 25, 2015
Hello Oimel,

instead of ranting you should suggest. Im not entirely sure what you even mean, the sandbox map in WFTO gives you all the option the Sandbox map of the other DMG gave you?

we will also release a map editor "soonish" albeit it wont have scripting capabilities , so you wont be able to script hero attack waves etc.

Im not too sure what else to tell you, im sorry you do not like the other modes of the game.

please read:

before further posting, thank you

Lord of Riva
QA Supervisor

sorry for ranting

in the beginning u had multiple sandboxmaps . one was called my little dreamdungeon . now i have only one sb map . and that one is lame because i cant spawn enemies and convert them in a tortur chamber , so only thing i can do is build rooms .
where are the other maps ?

^^ " im sorry you do not like the other modes "
thats not what i wanted to say . i mean sandbox dreamdungeon is my favorit map , and im waiting month that u bring it back.
campain is ok but in sb ican do what i want when i want .and im not interested in pvp.

the voice (your minions are fighting the enemy) sometimes tell me that " its boring to watch me play " .over the time i cant hear it anymore , i want to play as i want and dont need one telling me how fast i have to play.
4b
when i play a map long time , all creaturs have entered and are nearly lvl 10 , the little workers get buggy and dont do their work correctly.
is that the reason why there is only one sb map and the voice tell me to hurry up ?

cultists dont work in the archiv only in the barraks

i can pick up only 10 units.
more pls

sorry for ranting but im waiting for my dreamdungeon and getting sad.
sorry for bad english but im german and try my best.

greetings oimel

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
sorry for ranting
everything is fine, thankls for apologising though :)

in the beginning u had multiple sandboxmaps . one was called my little dreamdungeon . now i have only one sb map . and that one is lame because i cant spawn enemies and convert them in a tortur chamber , so only thing i can do is build rooms .
where are the other maps ?
oh right, when you go to the campaign map. the left map (left from level 1 ) is the "homerealm" there are 4 tiles of different wall tiles near the enemy outpost, in the top left is described what they do,
the gold one gives you gold for example, the other three are to change the invading army levels and to spawn a raandom horde of empire units (including bosses to convert ! ). Its basically a sandbox as well maybe thats what you are searching for.

^^ " im sorry you do not like the other modes "
thats not what i wanted to say . i mean sandbox dreamdungeon is my favorit map , and im waiting month that u bring it back.
campain is ok but in sb ican do what i want when i want .and im not interested in pvp.
fair enough, i can bring this up internally, but making new sandbox maps is time intensive, so no promises there.
the reason why the old maps arent there anymore is because the map data was vastly outdated.

the voice (your minions are fighting the enemy) sometimes tell me that " its boring to watch me play " .over the time i cant hear it anymore , i want to play as i want and dont need one telling me how fast i have to play.
hrm yeah, we cannot do anything about that now. RR as Mendechaus is an evil Bas***** who likes to sling such things. Its meant to be humourus , im sorry that its not to your liking, but its extremely unlikely that the VOs change at this point (its quite expensive, understandably i mean itsb the Great RR :D )

4b
when i play a map long time , all creaturs have entered and are nearly lvl 10 , the little workers get buggy and dont do their work correctly.
is that the reason why there is only one sb map and the voice tell me to hurry up ?
no the VOs have no bearing on the game mechanics, what you encountered there is most likely a bug. please report it here : https://forum.subterraneangames.com/forums/bug-reports.70/

also read this before reporting : https://forum.subterraneangames.com/threads/please-read-how-to-report-a-bug.4689/

cultists dont work in the archiv only in the barraks
the reason for that is that we have limited the max sin generation to an amount equal to all aspects (including one titan) + 3 this is necessary for MP balance. Even if they researched in sandbox it wouldnt fullfill any purpose as there is nothing left to unlock.

i can pick up only 10 units.
more pls
also a balance thing which means it wont change. picking up ubnits locks mana temporarily as well :)

sorry for ranting but im waiting for my dreamdungeon and getting sad.
sorry for bad english but im german and try my best.

greetings oimel
thanks for the feedback, i hope the homerealm is more to your liking.

Last edited:

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Just on the voice - the miscellaneous lines he says are completely random and not reactive to what you are doing (or not doing). Only specific alerts (such as 'out of mana' or 'it is payday') are actually reactive.

oimel

Gnarling
Jul 25, 2015
everything is fine, thankls for apologising though :)

oh right, when you go to the campaign map. the left map (left from level 1 ) is the "homerealm" there are 4 tiles of different wall tiles near the enemy outpost, in the top left is described what they do,
the gold one gives you gold for example, the other three are to change the invading army levels and to spawn a raandom horde of empire units (including bosses to convert ! ). Its basically a sandbox as well maybe thats what you are searching for.

^^sounds goood , im searching for the original sb map but this is close enough (missing the water at enemy gate for bridge building)^^

fair enough, i can bring this up internally, but making new sandbox maps is time intensive, so no promises there.
the reason why the old maps arent there anymore is because the map data was vastly outdated.

^^yes pls bring it up , sb maps are a good way to play for fun without unwanted enemy atacs, i think more player want to chill out from time to time^^

hrm yeah, we cannot do anything about that now. RR as Mendechaus is an evil Bas***** who likes to sling such things. Its meant to be humourus , im sorry that its not to your liking, but its extremely unlikely that the VOs change at this point (its quite expensive, understandably i mean itsb the Great RR :D )

^^its not that big problem it dont NEED to be changed , but a sarcastic "u are the best player ever .. Zzz snore" ( or something) would be nicer/friendlier .and im the underlord nobody tell me what to do.^^

no the VOs have no bearing on the game mechanics, what you encountered there is most likely a bug. please report it here : https://forum.subterraneangames.com/forums/bug-reports.70/

also read this before reporting : https://forum.subterraneangames.com/threads/please-read-how-to-report-a-bug.4689/

^^^maybe i learn later how to report bugs , now i want to test the home realm ;)) ^^

the reason for that is that we have limited the max sin generation to an amount equal to all aspects (including one titan) + 3 this is necessary for MP balance. Even if they researched in sandbox it wouldnt fullfill any purpose as there is nothing left to unlock.

^^creatures should work+lvl up in ther own rooms and in the baraks , so they dont overrun the baraks (to much creatures =not all can training). and the archiv (or other mainrooms) is(are) empty . it dont look good . in DK2 all creatures train+lvl up in their own rooms inclusive the succubus tortur themself , thats funny + in every room is something to see , so pls change it that way . for a living dungeon ;) ^^

also a balance thing which means it wont change. picking up ubnits locks mana temporarily as well :)

^^when i build a 7x7 archiv + a 5x5 sanctuary i get around 14 cultist .to much to pick em up all and put em in a bedroom near the archiv . 20 to pick up would be great.in home realm/sandbox^^

thanks for the feedback, i hope the homerealm is more to your liking.
^^ i think so , sounds like it has all i want from the sb map. i still want the sb map but homerealm should be ok untill then.^^

thx and greetings oimel ( i hope it works as i think , if not i marked my answers with ^^ ^^)
edit: didnt work as i think, the answers are in the black box

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
@oimel
to your last two "answers" in the black box.
- In DK units didn't level up by working in their rooms, they only did in training room and combat pit.
- You can pick up many units in two (or more) steps, the way it is implemented you won't grab twice the same in a row until all others were grabbed.
Hope that helps!

ArchColossus

Dwarven Worker
Apr 4, 2015
This latest update has nigh eliminated crashes for me.

I'm a Rhaskos and a Steven Fright away from unlocking the all masters defeated theme. Then I've got to knock out the speed runs.

If all goes according to plan I'll be adding golden imps to that list as well.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
This latest update has nigh eliminated crashes for me.

I'm a Rhaskos and a Steven Fright away from unlocking the all masters defeated theme. Then I've got to knock out the speed runs.

If all goes according to plan I'll be adding golden imps to that list as well.
hah, good luck with the tournament then :p

oimel

Gnarling
Jul 25, 2015
@oimel
1.- In DK units didn't level up by working in their rooms, they only did in training room and combat pit.

2.- You can pick up many units in two (or more) steps, the way it is implemented you won't grab twice the same in a row until all others were grabbed.
i think in DK2 they did , because the girls from the torture chamber torture themself (to lvl up), "cultists" read books and so on.
that is the problem , i have big empty rooms and too much minions running to the training room (so not all can train). the guys from [my pic <--]the foundry dont lvl up because they keep working in the foundry.
let them all work and lvl up in their rooms and in the training room (looks better because the rooms are full of life)(and the foundry guys can lvl by creating parts)( and its just logical that cultist learn spells and dont only train fighting in training room) .

2.its good to know ,but i would like to pick up all (cultist) at one time, please think about to change that for pve(home realm/sandbox). 20-25 should be enough

the home realm
is not as good as the sandbox map, because not everything is unlocked.
so, please bring back the sandbox maps.

sorry for bad english and greetings from germany

Oimel

oimel

Gnarling
Jul 25, 2015
"The stuff is unlocked as you unlock it in the campaign"
ok, i have to play campain but ok.

"There is still a sandbox mode available on the main menu as well."
jeah, but there is only 1 map , and on that map u can only build rooms and dont fight + torture enemys

btw. great support, in star trek online the german comunity manager dont even answer questions

greetings Oimel

Oct 4, 2015

Lord of Riva
QA Supervisor
Hi, new forum-goer, love the game so far! Please make sure the maps work with sandbox mode when you finally release a map editor for the game. One of my favorite things to do is just create dungeons, but having only one map, with no natural obstacles gets boring pretty quick.

Overall I'm amazed with what you've done with the game! I've kept my eye on this one for a long time now and bought when you released 1.2. I'm loving it but can't wait for a map editor! Keep up the great work!

P.S. I might get yelled at for this but even if you release the map editor as paid dlc I'll be buying it!

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
When You will add new content to the game? It speaks of "later this year" but it has an approximate dates?

such additions will be made to the game later this year? DLC, survival mode etc ..... or you may slip to early 2016?

Top Bottom