• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Patch 1.2 Preview: Balance

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
  • Vampire's Bloodthirsty currently affects his Happiness, but this will hopefully be changed to affect his Blood need instead soon. Since his hunger for blood was making him unhappy than the Bloodthirsty ability could make/keep him happy in combat.

mishko

Witch Doctor
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
I kind of like his need to feed though.... I'm sadistic like that.

Also will the campaign be tweaked if certain changes affect the campaign too much?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2013

Also will the campaign be tweaked if certain changes affect the campaign too much?
Campaign is pretty much the same and doesn't require tweaks. You can beat it just like you did before 1.2 patch.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com

Oh he'll still need to feed, and if he's not im combat he'll be just as grumpy (and Nutter like) as ever, but if he is in combat.. he'll feed a little off all the blood he's spilling in the fight. That way he isn't instantly angry as soon as a battle ends just because he's hungry.

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
wow good news on the horizon

all changes are good, but some leave me a bit perplexed

in particular the "efficiency bonus" that is likely to further accelerate the speed of production of sins (in my opinion right now is too fast) ..

I think a nerf on the production is sacrosanct at this time.

wrong or there are graphical improvements with patch 1.2? O

(sorry for eng)

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com

in particular the "efficiency bonus" that is likely to further accelerate the speed of production of sins (in my opinion right now is too fast) ..

(sorry for eng)
The starting speed of things like sin generation has been reduced a little to account for increased efficiency I believe. As for graphical improvements, not as far as I know.. Lee was probably playing on highest settings, it always looks more awesome in his vidos than it does on my toaster in super low settings.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com

(sorry for eng)
As nutter said, we've made changes to each area to reduce the base production speed of most things. Rituals are overall a bit slower, especially the most powerful ones (as mentioned in the post), potions now all take twice the amount of time to produce, research speed has been reduced by 20% in multiplayer (may go down a bit further, pending testing), and defence part production hasn't been changed just yet but I'll be doing that soon.

There's some minor visual improvements to a few specific things, you'll see them in one of the blog posts over the next week.

mishko

Witch Doctor
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Honestly the main thing that will make this game better than DK for me at this point, as I've said in the past, is adding a bunch more animations and unique minion behaviors. Like the minions dangling back and forth from the hand and having unique animations for emotions like having a succubus sulk and stamp foot on ground a lot when unhappy.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Honestly the main thing that will make this game better than DK for me at this point, as I've said in the past, is adding a bunch more animations and unique minion behaviors. Like the minions dangling back and forth from the hand and having unique animations for emotions like having a succubus sulk and stamp foot on ground a lot when unhappy.
We can only dream. If we see enough support for the game it's possible, we'll do what we can either way.

Top Bottom