• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Prisoner Rehabilitation Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betwixt

Dwarven Worker
Jun 11, 2016
Hey gang, I think it'd be fantastic if you could set all prisoners to be tortured automatically; perhaps after unlocking something from the vein of evil.

Id say it's too late to alter the standard campaign, but going forward it'd save me an annoying task. I mean, of course I want them on my side!

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
This a very subjective thing, whilst gaining more minions via Torture Chamber is a good choice, it's not necessarily the best/only option people would pick.

As an example:

Torture a Prisoner into a Spirit (rather than converting it) -> Use that Spirit in the Spirit Chamber -> Boost one your minions with a massive exp gain. (The Exp awarded is the former prisoners exp/level + a bonus bit of exp).

On top of that, it's automating a key role/job of an active player, which frankly for the reward you're getting (more units, or some other large boost from prisoners) would make the game a lot easier/less involved for experienced players. How you use your prisoners is a key differentiating point between 2 competing players and can make all the difference in MP games.

Ultimately if a feature like this was added, it would need to be expanded to "Select which default action you want to use on your prisoners automatically" rather than just "Auto Convert", in order to not give the conversion choice a massive viability boost at the cost of other choices.

Betwixt

Dwarven Worker
Jun 11, 2016
All good points! Fair enough, perhaps have one automatic option on each vein, making it an end-game situation.

Feb 2, 2016
I would generaly dislike any idea that makes dungeon manegment easier, in my opinion, in WFTO you dont only play as a "God of war", you simply play as "God", meaning that you should take care of other stuff rather then just fights.

The more you automate things, the less of a god you will be in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom