• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Reus - new god game

Enjou

Ember Demon
Backer
Jan 10, 2012
I came across a video for this today. It involves terraforming a planet using four different giants and managing the humans on it. It comes out on the 16th, so I think I'll be relieving my boredom with it this weekend.

http://www.reusgame.com/

Here's a couple gameplay videos.

Enjou

Ember Demon
Backer
Jan 10, 2012
Got the game yesterday and played it a bit. It seems rather simple, but the gameplay has quite a bit of depth and you've got to think about what you're if you want to complete the various projects that the humans want. You also can't be reckless as doing so makes the humans greedy and they will go to war with one another, or even against your giants. I don't think the game is for everyone, but if you like resource management games I think it would be a win for you.

theMarg0r

Dryad
Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
Not sure if you seen this or not http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dungeon-dwellers/x/2587448 another Dungeon keeper legacy game, seems kind of interesting (he has some good ideas) but its doing pretty badly with funding so far. I am waiting for the upcoming demo and more info before I commit anything though.
I've looked at it, and it seems it's really not direct competition for WftO. It seems like that game will focus more on settlers-ish production chains, very specific creature needs, and the idea of this thing instead of a dungeon heart that you feed to get creatures. It's really approaching it from a different angle.

Anyway, I'll watch the progress, but I probably won't be backing it.

Jan 3, 2013
Not sure if you seen this or not http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dungeon-dwellers/x/2587448 another Dungeon keeper legacy game, seems kind of interesting (he has some good ideas) but its doing pretty badly with funding so far. I am waiting for the upcoming demo and more info before I commit anything though.
Guy should probably move to Kickstarter if possible, but lets hope he will get as much as he needs, he has 46 days ahead.
I downloaded this game and soon gonna give it a try. Should be good enough to kill some time until WFTO update comes out.

Punkstar

Ghoul
Backer
Mar 9, 2013
Guy should probably move to Kickstarter if possible, but lets hope he will get as much as he needs, he has 46 days ahead.
I downloaded this game and soon gonna give it a try. Should be good enough to kill some time until WFTO update comes out.
Well he is Swedish and I think Kickstarter is American only :( maybe I shouldn't have derailed this thread, I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread for it.

May 16, 2013
UK
That's still not American only, but I also didn't know it was limited to those two, learn something new every day :p.

Jan 3, 2013
Ok played it and this is what I can say :
You control 4 giants. Your job is to make sure every village you do create has everything they need so they can collect points and progress to the next era.
Game is like a Sandbox where you need to keep playing until you have everything unlocked ( you may end up playing game numerous times until the last era is unlocked too ). Once you reach the top, game is pretty much over and you can sit back and enjoy the results.
It's not exactly my style of the game, but game itself is fine and rather slow-paced.

Kronos

Ghoul
Backer
Feb 5, 2013
I came across a video for this today. It involves terraforming a planet using four different giants and managing the humans on it. It comes out on the 16th, so I think I'll be relieving my boredom with it this weekend.

http://www.reusgame.com/
Hadn't heard anything about this one prior to release, but does look somewhat interesting, though at least based on the videos I saw it seemed like it was very simple in control scheme.

How do the controls work ? and do you just spend a lot of time sitting back watching what the people are doing?

Jan 3, 2013
Hadn't heard anything about this one prior to release, but does look somewhat interesting, though at least based on the videos I saw it seemed like it was very simple in control scheme.

How do the controls work ? and do you just spend a lot of time sitting back watching what the people are doing?
You control 4 Giants and can switch to any of them anytime. Each Giant has unique skillset but certain skills can be used in combo with other giants. Based on mission goal you may need to build 2 or more settlements but you also need to be very careful, because villagers may get either angry or greedy and try to attack other settlements or even Giants. Should that happen, the best you can do is destroy it and get everyone killed.
Majority of time you'll have to support villagers by building things they do need. You can find that out as soon as village is strong enough and has lots of food and minerals. When they do, a research center will be built by them, telling you how many resources they do need in order to finish project wich later will grant you an upgrade, aswell as allow you to progress further into next era.

Kronos

Ghoul
Backer
Feb 5, 2013
Thanks Slichizard, sounds like in controls/UI it plays like a settlers type game but where you just create the conditions or environment for something and the villagers will do their own construction, harvesting/gathering and what not. You also said it moved pretty slowly, is that because you do have to sit by and watch/wait for the next progress to complete or event to occur? Like an ant farm in a sense where you you just are watching them for the most part and helping provide resources every once in a while?

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks Slichizard, sounds like in controls/UI it plays like a settlers type game but where you just create the conditions or environment for something and the villagers will do their own construction, harvesting/gathering and what not. You also said it moved pretty slowly, is that because you do have to sit by and watch/wait for the next progress to complete or event to occur? Like an ant farm in a sense where you you just are watching them for the most part and helping provide resources every once in a while?
At first, you just have a planet. Rocky planet with nothing on it. In order to build a forest or swamp you will have to create an ocean with the help of Sea Giant. Once you do so, you can build either bushes wich will spawn forest people or build a pond, wich will spawn swamp people. With help of Rock Giant, you can raise two mountains, creating a desert between them. If you will build a cave, you will attract desert people. So as you can see, based on your action you can create different civilization and later help them expend since each will have a different need.
The reason why game is slow-paced is because your progress completely depends on villagers - if you will build many resources, they will research faster, if less - slower. If you will build way too many, they may become greedy, if too few - angry. It's indeed like playing with an ant farm, except these ants may misbehave sometimes.

Top Bottom