• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Richard Ridings Unlocked!

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Richard Ridings Unlocked!
(Main Post)

Hey folks,

We’ve just hit £225,000 raised, the amount we needed in order to hire Richard Ridings to voice the mentor in War for the Overworld.

Our next goal is £300,000 – the maximum amount we would need to develop at least one of the remaining flex goals:
Cheaper to implement (£25,000 and below)
  • Controller Interface
  • Arcade Campaign
More costly to implement (around £50,000)
  • The Adventures of Stumpy the Imp
  • Extended Underlord Campaign
  • Empire Campaign
  • 2 Lords 1 Dungeon
  • Competitive Campaign
  • Co-op Campaign
Very costly to implement (£75,000 and up)
  • Survival Mode
  • Underworld MOBA
  • Matchmaking & Ranking
  • Hero Mode
In March (or earlier), all of our backers will have the opportunity to vote on which Flex Goals they feel should be developed first. We will then order them on how many votes they received, and develop as many of them as we can in that order with the money that has been raised.

Starting next week we will be starting back with a regular weekly update schedule, and our first post will contain a whole host of information and answers regarding Kickstarter and our continued funding efforts.
Thank you once again for your continued support!

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
On the voting: Where will that be done? On the forums or elsewhere? And how do we link our kickstarter backer... status... whatever you call it with the voting?

MeinCookie

Dwarven Worker
Nov 15, 2011
I'm ecstatic and I can't wait to have Ridings voicing the game. I am also curious about the following; I wonder what non-English speakers will be getting. Is WftO not releasing in other languages? Will they have altenate voice actors? Is this something which won't be considered until a much later time?

It doesn't mean anything to me personally, but I am curious simply because Dungeon Keeper was released in at least a few languages.

EyeScream

Bloodling
WFTO Backer
Jan 3, 2013
Brilliant news! It's going to make playing the game that much more enjoyable.

Is Mr Ridings as hyped about this as we are?

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
Regarding flex goal funding:

Am I right in saying you will take money up until and after the game is made. But that its the pledge tiers that finish at the end of February?

i.e. after Feb the only donations would be for £10 or £15.

Top Bottom