• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

"Turn off shield" option

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned it before, but I'll say it again. I've seen a lot of gameplays on youtube in HD. Whenever a battle breaks out I can't see shit except a whole bunch of shields scurrying about. I wanna SEE the creatures! Can't there be an option to turn them on and off at will so we can see the action properly?

Jan 3, 2013
I mentioned it before, but I'll say it again. I've seen a lot of gameplays on youtube in HD. Whenever a battle breaks out I can't see shit except a whole bunch of shields scurrying about. I wanna SEE the creatures! Can't there be an option to turn them on and off at will so we can see the action properly?
That would work for replays. For actual game, you will actually need those shields so you will know creature's current health. Unless, of course, devs will introduce HP bars instead of HP flowers ( shields will be removed ).

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Not much point in having health flowers at all though if you only seem them (or rather don't seem them) until the creature is nearly dead. Might as well just see an exclamation mark over their head when they are near death.

Also, why are having hotkeys to toggle the heath shields on and off so tricky? (although I further my suggestion by recommending having a tick box in the options too, or it would be bad for usability)

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
im not sure if that would really help the issue. i do think that we have a problem with the visual approach on combat at the whole. While i cant comment on this directly i do feel a lot of improvements have been made already internally. If you are still not happy after the next public update feel free to discuss this further, but right now it would be hard to react to your proposal since your data is pretty outdated.

Sorry for the blunt statement :)

Psycix

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
I actually want to see more health flowers, because the creatures are so small and hard to see to begin with.
Can't wait for the new patch with the new flower display.

Dec 14, 2012
Back then it wasn't easily done to the same standard, but surely by now icons can just be different per keeper? Tribal/Gothic looking icons instead of just a shield. They need to never overlap, mould into an octagonal shape based on distance.

Devs could go Sins of a Solar Empire icon-set, in that the player gets to pick. (Maybe not so many colours are necessary, unless Unity and light_mapping work well when used constantly?) Or something like the icons on the planets in 'The Last Federation'.

Squeeze more roots from this back to the roots masterpiece. (In which the root, is the dungeon)

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
the heath shields will look 100x better in 0.7.0, I believe there is a way to turn off the entire UI for the purposes of making unadulterated screenshots, but not the health shields alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom