• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #129: End of an Era

Jun 22, 2015
Our first campaign expansion DLC, which will be free to players who purchased before or within the first month of release.
Is this within the game release or DLC release? I expect it to be game, but the wording could be interpreted as someone who bought the game before the DLC was released and within a month of it being so would get it for free.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Is this within the game release or DLC release? I expect it to be game, but the wording could be interpreted as someone who bought the game before the DLC was released and within a month of it being so would get it for free.
It was people who bought the game in the first month of it being fully released.

EDIT: And anyone who owned it before then, either through early access or backing it.

Last edited:

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
I reject this post.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

:D

So I assume that everyone who is receiving WftO wednesdays in their email is automatically subscribed to the newsletter? If not you might want to put WAY more emphasis on getting people to sub.
I would assume if you're receiving WFTO Wednesdays in your email then yes, the only other way I can think of that happening is via Kickstarter backers.

@Alistair, halp

Alistair

Captain Graze Box
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2011
UK
:D
So I assume that everyone who is receiving WftO wednesdays in their email is automatically subscribed to the newsletter? If not you might want to put WAY more emphasis on getting people to sub.
We will be importing all crowdfunding backers (Kickstarter & PayPal) into the newsletter mailing list but I do want to stress opting out is only two clicks. There will be some people whom no longer wish to receive updates so I want to make this process simple as possible.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
I signed up for the newsletter, Going to miss WTFO Wednesday and the many posts of great enthusiasm as new info was given to us each week on Wednesday without fail except that one time I was up all night waiting wondering what was going to be revealed.

Looking forward to the dlc and what it brings.

Jun 24, 2015
This is unacceptable to drop weekly updates when people are having trouble just running the game still! I've only gotten to play 4 hours and now I can't get the game to load anything past the main menu! No-ones even replied to my bug report!

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
This is unacceptable to drop weekly updates when people are having trouble just running the game still! I've only gotten to play 4 hours and now I can't get the game to load anything past the main menu! No-ones even replied to my bug report!
Not having to come up with content for a weekly post will free up time for the devs and community manager to focus on more important tasks like fixing bugs, etc.

They aren't saying we're not putting out anymore updates. They're just saying we're only gunna post stuff when we have interesting/useful information to share, rather than a scheduled every wednesday post. And they'll condense it all into a monthly newsletter for easy reading.

Last edited:

xXLateralusXx

Dwarven Worker
Jun 12, 2015
Do the devs have a possible ETA on the next update? :)

edit; to the game that is, i'm hungry for more update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom