• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #35: The Arcanist

May 9, 2013
www.youtube.com
Thoughts on the new unit? I can't personally decide my self how I feel about it. Something about the art direction doesn't quite sit right for me, I think it looks like it's from an MMO a bit too much perhaps but the more I stare at it the more I am starting to come around to it, perhaps I'm just tired! Considering how cool the lightning bolt spell looks though I think we can all agree this unit is going to look pretty sweet in action with those abilities :p

The lights look pretty on the next update:)

:EDIT:

Updated opinion - Brain is catching up with my eyes haha

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Well I am pretty damn happy right about now, I remember asking if we would get multiple female units and we got like 3 for the empire and 1 female(ish) dungeon unit (need 1 or 2 more for our minions I feel) and the Arcanist looks pretty bada$$ with the rune tatoos.

Also cannot wait for a beta update, nice teaser.

May 9, 2013
www.youtube.com
Well I am pretty damn happy right about now, I remember asking if we would get multiple female units and we got like 3 for the empire and 1 female(ish) dungeon unit (need 1 or 2 more for our minions I feel) and the Arcanist looks pretty bada$$ with the rune tatoos.

Also cannot wait for a beta update, nice teaser.
Yeah the more I look at it the more I like it, my initial impression of her was that she looked like she was from an MMO.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Wait till you see those tattoos in-game.
In finalized form.
cannot wait and damn good job, was a little worried a while back thinking we would get one or two female units and they would be a bit stereotypical but hey they look good, the Huntress, Priestess and Arcanist actually got a bit of dignity to them and got some great abilities, cannot wait to see them in game.

Is it just me, or do most of the Hero spellcasters so far seem to be female?
Not that I am actually complaining :D
I cannot quite remember, does the Inquisitor cast spells? Also I bet we may yet see a wizard looking empire unit yet (just a guess)

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
When designing the Arcanist, having her maintain the wizard feel was top priority. My original sketches had her looking more warrior-like and it wasn't fitting the character. So, after we all talked about it, it was agreed upon that she needed the classic wizard robe look. Hope you all like it!
Just so long as those tattoo's glow, it's fine, Bobby... On a side note... Did you go to an art school, or does this just come naturally?

Jun 28, 2012
Looks great. The rooms are looking very nice and detailed. The Arcanist seems like a good counterpart to the Cultist

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
I just realised something... We must be nearing the time when the Updates start coming out WAAAAAAAAY quicker! The Time of Awakening is upon us!
Good because I like this update but still feel the Vampire is being held tauntingly out of reach. Also loving the increase of the updates for beta, those lights look fairly eerie yet we can see what we are doing :rolleyes:

Top Bottom