• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Whats your favorite medieval weapon?

Aggelos

Disciple
Founder
Jan 6, 2013
I quite like the miséricorde, a small dagger used to finish your opponent, give him the mercy (miséricorde) stroke

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
Founder
Dec 18, 2011
The Old English Cannon, they probably wern't very common back then due to lack of resources, but it did scare the enemy with its loud BOOM.

Keystone

Blood Imp
Backer
Jan 18, 2013
This is kind of a tough question, the Longbow has massive appeal to me because of the part it played in the history of my country.

Swords because they are kind of the quintessential melee weapons and are pretty highly romanticized through out legends mythology and they are just badass.

Never liked Flails, they just seem so unreliable to me. To much depends on being able to keep it in motion. Maces are better.not that i have ever had cause to use any of these.

I think Poleaxes are brilliant feats of medieval weaponry.

kind of shows the race between Armour and Arms. You have all your blunt force, chopping and poking needs catered for.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
Founder
Dec 18, 2011
It would be crazy if somthing weird if 1 half of the Earth was turned back in time, back to the days of the Sword, NATO would have a problem trying to contain the problem, like 50,000 men attacking a modern day city, it would be mad, yet make an interesting sci-fi/fantasy story.

Varon

Templar
Founder
Jan 10, 2013
While not specific to the medieval period, I am quite fond of the shield. The relative safety of a strong mobile wall between me and my enemy quite appeals to me. That, and the idea of running into an enemy and pushing them sounds interesting. Lastly, some of those shields look very fancy. :)

Then again, my experience with shields is limited to playfighting in elementary school. We made our own wooden viking equipment (mostly swords and shields) and put up a simple play.

toffeejay

Crackpot
Founder
Dec 25, 2011
Prefer the more early weaponry before improvement to armour rendended them inferrior - Axes, maces, flails, clubs

Kronos

Ghoul
Backer
Feb 5, 2013
Personally I like the halberds most useful of the polearms, kinda a medieval swiss army knife, and if used in cooperation with a squad/company very effective. Just not good for close up work, much more defensive.

Top Bottom