1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Сursed earth. Captured on 1 tile. It is impossible to supply constructions and defenses.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ontos, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Now all the tiles that you can grab, allow you to put the constructions (and the majority - and defense).
    Here are all kinds of bridges. At all I put the constructions (warding totem). The bombards (and other defense) can not be put on 3 bridges: natural, volcanic, and stone type R.
    [​IMG]

Please excuse my bad english. But I will try to tell you about the benefits of Сursed Earth.
    [​IMG]
    You can use it the map editor (and use it in campaigns).
    All experienced players know about the power of bombard rush. Another defense is also useful. As and construction.

A gradual movement towards the enemy using, for example, warding totems, wells of souls, and bombards - is a powerful thing. But let me provide an alternative to the predictable occupation!
    I want a tool that will allow to expand the territory, but will not allow you to do this is so elementary, due to the construction and defense on the periphery of the capture!
    Please give a way to expand the territory, guarding it purely at the expense of workers and fighting creatures. This is a good alternative, and the new element of gameplay, which will add variety to the game.

PS I gave up the idea of such a bridge, because the counterpart of dirt (capture tiles per tile), which you can grab, but which does not allow puts himself neither constructions, nor the defenses, more interesting.

I hope, to do the cursed earth - is not difficult. The additional opportunity to strengthen the role of creatures, not static defense, is a good option to add flexibility and diversity to the game.

Attached Files:

2. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Cursed earth - analogue dirt, but her (i.e. after capture) it is impossible to supply constructions or defenses. Allow room (although, it is possible to prevent).

3. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Please note that the sacred earth (some may think that it solves the problem) is not captured, and any a long way which cannot be captured, denies the AI the incentive to attack. And then the AI never attacks.

In addition, you may need to give an opportunity to capture territory, it changes the situation on the map. For example, a site in the cursed earth in the middle of the map will allow you to capture territory for him. The sacred earth will not allow it. I think you need to consider the opinions of those who play in a variety of maps (not the fingering 2-3 official) and understand what was going on.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  4. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Cursed earth - a way to take constructions and defenses only one role: the protection in the rear. And to attack, to use creatures. And to have the opportunity to capture territory beyond the cursed earth. No sacred earth, nor any other type of tile - do not allow this.