• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2 Different training Lvl`s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trangos

Ghoul
WFTO Backer
Jan 2, 2013
Schweiz
Hey Guys,
fist time sorry for my realy bad english...
Im from Germany and dont know all words i like to say!

What du you think about 2 training "tree`s"

Like... you become a Warlord / Lvl 1/0

Lvl 1 is her Training lvl / lvl 0 here War Exp.

With her Normal lvl he bekomme more Life and all other Grondstats..
Combat Exp. you can claim only in the (Arena?) or in Combat with other creatures...

Like lvl 1 Wl. Hitpoints 100 def. 50
Lvl 2 Hp 150 def. 75
lvl 3. Hp 200 def. 100
............ up to lvl 10/20

War Exp..
lvl 0 No exp.
lvl 1 +5/10%Movment
lvl 2 +5/10% defense
lvl 3 +5/10% attack speed
lvl 4 +5/10% dmg to all other Creatures.......... up to lvl 10/20

What do you think about this?

Cultist Joris

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Dec 30, 2012
Belgium
fist time sorry for my realy bad english...
I'm no perfect writer either (as some other members keep reminding me :p)...as long as we understand each other, there shouldn't be a problem! ^_^

As for the suggestion, I think its not a bad idea but the training level should stay primary... Also the devs mentioned that beast-type creatures only level-up by fighting enemies (or maybe each other in a combat pit) so I don't know it would fit into the game like that...

Jan 3, 2013
I'm no perfect writer either (as some other members keep reminding me :p)...as long as we understand each other, there shouldn't be a problem! ^_^

As for the suggestion, I think its not a bad idea but the training level should stay primary... Also the devs mentioned that beast-type creatures only level-up by fighting enemies (or maybe each other in a combat pit) so I don't know it would fit into the game like that...
Creatures who are easier to train would be picked/attracted more than those that require lots of dedication and effort. This is why all creatures should be able to train themselves, slowly or quickly.

About suggestion : There's no need for such bonuses. Creature will already get more HP and Damage per level. Additionally, creature will be able to use their abilities the higher it's level is so leveling up already by itself is beneficial.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Im with Slichizard here ... most of the time these Ideas , while interesting, just make the game way to Complex this is a real time Strategy game where you have to do things all the time , from micromanagment, to Imp control, Ressource Gathering etc.
i think this is just way to complex (i always thought the combat Pit in DK 2 sucked too) Because i do not want to Watch certain creatures all the time to make sure they train the way i want them to

anonymus

Bloodling
Feb 1, 2013
I think this is quite interesting
Something like raising intelligence in the archive and strength in training room
It doesn't have to be complex since most creature has their own tendency to learn in their favorite rooms but if you want them to reach their potential you have to drop them in the other room though it will needs a lot of time and not really useable most of the time, something like training imps to level 10.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
I think in the case of this a singular training progression for Intelligent creatures (Beasts can only gain experience through combat) is preferable.

What we know about training so far:
  • Intelligent creatures can use both combat and rooms to gain expierence, They cannot train above a certain level by performing their jobs.
  • There may be an arena to facilitate combat training.
  • Beasts train quicker in combat than Intelligent creatures but are unable to train in the barracks or defend themselves with crafted enhancements (Yup it's from the Unit type update)
  • Many creatures have some form of alternative progression E.G. the Augre uses scrap to improve themselves or the Gnarling equips fallen enemies gear.
So in summary there are 3(4) ways a creature may be able to improve themselves in this game:
  1. Trained Experience (Limited to a certain level)
  2. Combat Experience (Beasts gain faster)
  3. Alternative Progression (We've only seen 1 beast detailed so far and only briefly but so far this is the domain of intelligent creatures only)
  4. Possibly "Crafted Enhancements" that can be equipped by intelligent creatures.
So with this in mind I think splitting training into 2 different levels would add only further levels of complication to the game, I prefer to be able to look at my enemy and know exactly what I'm going up against, 1 number and the rest I can base off his appearance.

Just to note Moved the thread to the suggestions forum, I think it's more suitable here.

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
I agree keep it simple but if you want to 'buff up' your creature why not just use some sort of bonus mechanic. If say a creature works in a library or a library is a certain size it provides a +whatever to said creature or creatures stats (intellegence). This will strengnthen your focus creatures or just give that extra something to swing the battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom