1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Couple Ideas for the Map Editor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gregored13, Apr 23, 2017.

1. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

1. Have a play mode that allows the map to be play tested, with no Fog of War-to see what is going on all over the map--especially for 4 player skirmish maps-without having to make that Mutator change on the exported map-then reload it, and change it back. It might even be useful to have it work to play test a 4 player map with all AIs, and no player input--a completely observer mode, with perhaps the map maker having some control to fine tune things as it progresses.
    2. A better method to change the name of a map. I would like to be able to create a map, say with "test-date", then give it another name when it is eventually posted. I keep running into having to import a map, try to give it a unique name that I haven't already used. A "Save As" function would be most useful.
    4. Again, I ask that it be possible to have some way to exit a map, and go into a new map, without having to completely exit the editor and start over.

2. Beneathar

Beneathar Dryad

I like your Ideas, and some are quite obvious, so I would support them if asked.

Really, i like all of them as theyre really good (and quite basic) comfort features, and not having them feels quite uncomfortable.

I especially like point 3, by the way :-D

3. SilentReaper

SilentReaper Dwarven Worker

1) Making a specific mutatory more accessible than others isn't a huge priority. (But I definitely see why it is so attractive)
    2) Agreed.
    3) Agreed.