1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few suggestions for the Map editor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Poisonheadcrab, May 13, 2017.

1. Poisonheadcrab

Poisonheadcrab Templar

I jumped right into this editor when it first came out and have been enjoying it ever since. Even with its scripting limitations it is still fun and there are workarounds and tricks I learned for timed events. I've managed to recreate the entire campaign in Dungeon Keeper 1 and most of 2 so I've definitely spent a good amount of time with this tool and would like to throw out some ideas I've come up with to help improve the map-making experience.

1: Adding Multiple A.I in single player scenarios
    I like that you can add A.I control for the empire, making single player scenarios more challenging, but I think it would be better to be able to add multiple A.I players within single player maps in addition to the empire, and be able to set their colors, alliances, core themes, and possibly names. I know you can do some of these things in skirmish mode but it would be nice to have these settings pre-set within the map. Setting themes and custom names could create more unique looking scenarios and story-lines.

2: Adding elite Units where you can set custom names and identities
    My idea for this would be to have bigger and tougher variants of Empire units and possibly under-lord Units and re-skinned heroes with a blank title and creature name so the editor can place in custom ones. Like for example you want to place a generic elite high-guard and call him, The Lord of The Land, and set his alias to Constantine or perhaps an elite chunder with the title Chunder Champion and named General Greasy Crack. Adding in nameable units like this could give even more possibilities for creating custom stories and scenarios, plus I think it'll just be fun to play around with.

I'm not sure if any of these will be manageable but I thought I'd throw them out there anyways, besides I haven't made a suggestion on here in quite a while.