• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

A potential upgrade to the AI towards human players.

Jun 21, 2015
Good day,

I have a suggestion regarding AIlied AI.

As I am playing, I find myself with the AI sometimes. I find situations where I wish my allied AI would rather just not do that. The prime example is how I set up large chambers to give the "wall" bonus to my rooms. As you can see here "http://imgur.com/x1q3VfG" (sorry for some reason it would not upload to this site.) my allied AI desided to go ahead and dig out walls that belong to me. I know that the AI loves to expand, but this is just silly. The AI supposed to help me is indirectly "trolling" me getting me rather annoyed.

You cannot zap them, slap them or send an army after them.

Possible sollutions:

Map editor:
- Allow the creator to designate "allied" area's with the suggestion "If X is alive then avoid expanding into the "named area Y" else expand"
This allows the creator of the map to designate how a AI should behave if it has an human ally.

Core game script:
- let player dug and claimed tiles irradiate a 2 block no dig zone. (counting the block that has been dug as 1) This would automatically solve the situation of the AI destroying their allied human players strategy.

I would love to see if other people do agree with me there.

Edit: Yes this made me bail on the game with that ally. I do not feel like dealing with that shenanigans.

Dec 16, 2015
Great topic, and indeed the ai could use some bugfixing (small parts)

But in my opinion: "The AI in WFTO is like 10x better then dk1 or dk2. (even with the community patches / mods)"

You don't believe me? Try it yoursellf, i did, replaying dk1 and dk2 skirmish while wfto was in bedrock beta :D

Last edited:

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
a suggestion: in this type of games I always liked to have a tab "Diplomacy" to interact with AI, but is difficult to implement in this type of games.

Right now the Devs must focus with survival mode ..

the management component of the dungeon is deficient, I think this should be the next step for the devs, but also the multiplayer mode ..

a solution for bad FPS would be to implement a setting that allows to drastically reduce the graphic details (shadows, lights etc ..) in such a way as to improve the fps in multiplayer.

Aug 18, 2015
Right now the Devs must focus with survival mode ..
Whoooot? D:
Why Survival?
the management component of the dungeon is deficient, I think this should be the next step for the devs, but also the multiplayer mode ..

a solution for bad FPS would be to implement a setting that allows to drastically reduce the graphic details (shadows, lights etc ..) in such a way as to improve the fps in multiplayer.
I really hope this will be the next step. But what I know, the upcomming DLC is now focused.

Or do you know more then I do??? o_O

Jun 21, 2015
A diplomacy tab could do the trick, but I think the AI should not randomly start mining your blocks. It takes ages and ruiens your dungeon.
As far as a diplomacy tab goes, it is a nice thought. It could really bring some dept into working together with a AI.
But this also brings in my mind a type of AI. I for example love to build up and preserve my intelligent minions. To get a big clash going and I usually over run the ai's that keep throwing their minions at me.

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
the roadmap I think this ..

Heart of Gold (mini campaign, new trap defensive etc.).> Survival mode (I hope it's released in February)

Oct 2, 2015
Australia
Making the ally imp impasse button (realitve to other soultions) shouldn't be too much work as i believe it would work the same as your own imp empasse execpt the restrictions are enforced on the imps of the other player. The main difference is it would have to be changed to include digging wall and placeable on uncleared earth.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Making the ally imp impasse button (realitve to other soultions) shouldn't be too much work as i believe it would work the same as your own imp empasse execpt the restrictions are enforced on the imps of the other player. The main difference is it would have to be changed to include digging wall and placeable on uncleared earth.
this would open up exploits with your allies. which is the same reason you cannot claim from your allies tiles and cant build on them.
if you can decide where your allies can claim etc. you could block him, his strategy and the overall enjoyment of the team match. i do not see a reason why this would be helpful. if you speak with your teammate you can easily coordinate attacks

Top Bottom