• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Access to 0.4.0 Pre-Testing build

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Hi Everyone,

If you've been watching the live-stream tonight or have read our WFTO Wednesday, you'll know that due to various missing content we are not ready to release 0.4.0 just yet. This means that we will be delaying the release of 0.4.0 for the weeks following Rezzed.

We understand that many of you have been expecting this update to be released for this weekend, and we sincerely apologise that we are not going to hit that deadline. We are taking a partially complete 0.4.0 build to Rezzed, we'll be releasing this build to you tomorrow.

This build includes new Singleplayer levels, a bunch of new features and a boatload of bugfixes. As the new UI is not implemented in this build you will find that many new features can only be accessed via the debug console, some of these inaccessible features are unfinished.

If you'd like to access the Pre-Testing Build then simply follow the instructions below.

How to access Bedrock Beta v0.4.0 Pre Testing Build
  1. Open your Steam Library
  2. Right click on War for the Overworld Bedrock Beta and go to 'Properties'
  3. Go to the 'Betas' tab and type in patchtesting
  4. Click 'Check Code' (do not hit enter)
  5. Select 'Patch Testing from the dropdown box
  6. Restart your Steam client or go to the 'Local Files' tab and click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' to force the game to patch
  7. Don't forget to switch back to 'NONE - Opt out of all beta programs' when you are done!

Once again our sincere apologies that we cannot release the full 0.4.0 experience this weekend, but we promise that the end result will be worth the wait. While some of us are at Rezzed the rest of the team will continue to work on implementing features into 0.4.0. In the meantime feel free to enjoy the new content in this pre-release build.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
No I think he means that the patch is not on the current opt-in yet, but will be the day after.

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Because (as far as I can understand), you still need to opt in if you want to get it.
Normal branch - doesnt get it.
Opt-in - gets it. (But it would be getting it one day after making that post, so don't be surprised if you opted in and you didn't get it yet.)

Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
awesome, i hope people at rezzed are just as excited as i am (after watching wfto livestream)
and looking forward what 0.4.0 alpha/beta (whatever you call it) to see whats in it.. ive seen some awesome things on the stream and its all forming nicely :)

Top Bottom