• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Add Friends (Optional)

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
I know this isn't Facebook but do you think we could have like a proper friends list?
Having followers is great, but it's nice to know who your friends are on here. :)
What do you all think?

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
i would like it for the game ... but with steam we will have it anyway ...
but if i understand you correctly you want it in the forum right?

well how about : lets all be friends :p

im not opposed to the idea hehe

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
i would like it for the game ... but with steam we will have it anyway ...
but if i understand you correctly you want it in the forum right?

well how about : lets all be friends :p

im not opposed to the idea hehe
Luckily we havn't been attacked by trolls yet :D so yeah we're all friends.

Jobs2k

Skarg
WFTO Backer
Dec 29, 2012
Stevenage, England
www.minecraftforum.net
I think that having a 'friend list' like the one you are thinking of only serves to separate people.
Yes you can add certain people to a list of people you share opinions with, but that would mean that you don't exactly share the opinions of the other people on the site. You see?

I'm not saying that we will always get along well, but having a list of people that you group with just pulls you away from the rest of the community in my eyes. I'm not against it happening but I seriously doubt I will ever use such a thing.
You also have to consider how much work it might be to implement it. I would rather everyone involved with the game were working on the game! :)

Jan 3, 2013
I think that having a 'friend list' like the one you are thinking of only serves to separate people.
Yes you can add certain people to a list of people you share opinions with, but that would mean that you don't exactly share the opinions of the other people on the site. You see?

I'm not saying that we will always get along well, but having a list of people that you group with just pulls you away from the rest of the community in my eyes. I'm not against it happening but I seriously doubt I will ever use such a thing.
You also have to consider how much work it might be to implement it. I would rather everyone involved with the game were working on the game! :)
Just wait until forum will grow larger. That's when friendship system will truly kick in.

Jobs2k

Skarg
WFTO Backer
Dec 29, 2012
Stevenage, England
www.minecraftforum.net
Just wait until forum will grow larger. That's when friendship system will truly kick in.
That's my problem with the idea though: Why can a community not work as a community?

I doubt I will have an issue with anyone here as we are all focused on what promises to be a really enjoyable game. Why would anyone actually within the community (I.E: Not trolls and other anger inducing people) want to split away from the rest and lose the benefit of our collective knowledge and experience?

It would be fun to organise friendly competitions and matches within the game from time to time but I always ask myself "can I be bothered to waste the time hating another person?"

Jan 3, 2013
That's my problem with the idea though: Why can a community not work as a community?

I doubt I will have an issue with anyone here as we are all focused on what promises to be a really enjoyable game. Why would anyone actually within the community (I.E: Not trolls and other anger inducing people) want to split away from the rest and lose the benefit of our collective knowledge and experience?

It would be fun to organise friendly competitions and matches within the game from time to time but I always ask myself "can I be bothered to waste the time hating another person?"
Friendship system doesn't separate people, it only makes certain individuals closer. We will still remain as large online community who work together for greater good.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Come friend, let us drink mead and torture some noobs till daylight gleams in our eyes.
Since we're in a dungeon... That might be a while :p
Let's drink to that and we're still in pre-ancient times atm ;) (Pre-alpha)
But soon they'll come like a infinite horde of zombies, too many zombies not enough bullets.

Top Bottom