1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ai and new terrrain type

Discussion in 'Map Creation' started by gregored13, Apr 14, 2017.

1. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

I've been working on a map with the new Obsidian and brimstone combination. On my latest play test, I found that on this four player map, the three A! underlords, all set to "hard" with random personalities, do not deal with the new terrains at all. I have destroyed two of the other three dungeon cores myself, with only workers fighting back. The AIs did not open up any of the areas, which contain Empire enemies for conversion and fighting. I used the sight spell on the fourth core, and it appears to be the same.

2. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

You should know that AI sometimes doesn't target brimstone if it has too much gold given or there's nothing particular worth it's interest. You should introduce something AI will try to capture - Underworld portal is the best target. Some shrines are also commonly claimed by AI. If you just isolate area with brimstone/obsidian but don't put any of those, there's very high chance AI will ignore that part of the map and don't go there.

3. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

During my testing, I have also noticed that the AI, set to master, do not mine their gold shrine, use underminers to detonate brimstone or do anything other than basic dungeon building. It is quite annoying and makes testing my maps difficult.

4. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

Obligatory reminder that the AI is getting It's rework as part of the next major update at which point it will gain an understanding of these new things.