• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

All out brawl in prison

JJC

Gnarling
Aug 8, 2014
I played a bit of the survival challenge and I had captured a whole bunch of heroes, I couldn't convert them fast enough as I had only one succubus. I placed three juggernauts on the wheels to convert but for some reason the succubus ignored them. When i put them back in the prison I don't know why but the heroes all started killing one another, forming little groups to team up on other inmates. At first a good amount of them fell, however, with the priestresses healing them and the prison healing them too they no longer died and just fought on forever. As soon as I removed one hero regardless of who he is they would stop and return to normal, once I put him back they would start all over again. So my conclusion is that it had something to do with the population. Has anyone had this before. I've got pictures of the fight attached. You can see the priestress healing the juggernaut getting ready to slam and some of them had been set on fire by the fire breathers.
In fight 2.png
In fight.png

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Hey JJC,
there is an overcrowding check in the prison, once you have more units in the prison than inner prison tiles (those inside the fences) all units will get mad.
I guess later on they should be even able to break out then, but right now they all get mad and fight each others.
This is an intented feature, but it's just not finished as it is, it should lead to a real prison break in addition.

JJC

Gnarling
Aug 8, 2014
Hey JJC,
there is an overcrowding check in the prison, once you have more units in the prison than inner prison tiles (those inside the fences) all units will get mad.
I guess later on they should be even able to break out then, but right now they all get mad and fight each others.
This is an intented feature, but it's just not finished as it is, it should lead to a real prison break in addition.
Will there be an option for getting rid of them later like in DK with the temple. Another question related to the prison will there be the same feature as in DK to turn prisoners into skeletons? I really liked that feature, I know you already included ghouls but I kind of prefer when they can be independent. Final question I have is will there be any other uses for the souls from the torture chamber other than gaining a level, I would really love to see the feature of using them to animate objects like a suit of armor to make restless gaurds or something of that kind.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Will there be an option for getting rid of them later like in DK with the temple. Another question related to the prison will there be the same feature as in DK to turn prisoners into skeletons? I really liked that feature, I know you already included ghouls but I kind of prefer when they can be independent. Final question I have is will there be any other uses for the souls from the torture chamber other than gaining a level, I would really love to see the feature of using them to animate objects like a suit of armor to make restless gaurds or something of that kind.

You can use Enemy creatures for a lot of stuff.
You can torture them to join your side or torture them to death to produce a scout Unit.
Also you can kill them in the crypt to have corpses for the necromancer so that they can raise ghouls another option would be to turn them into gold with blood money that you can dig out for some extra cash etc etc etc :D

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Well this isn't a copy of DK and many things are quite different when you look at the details.
The Prison is mainly just an holder for units in WFTO and there are a bunch of uses for Prisoners.
You can use them in the Torture Chamber (to convert them or create Spirits), in the Crypt (to raise Ghouls) or in the Sanctuary (sacrifice to speed up Rituals), lateron the Vampire might have some meal nearby the Prison ;)
Do you think we really need more ways to "use" Prisoners?
You will need less micromanagement with Prisons in WFTO, except you throw more prisoners by hand into than it can store ;)

Edit: Riva posted in the same time as I did, it wasn't meant to repeat things ^^

JJC

Gnarling
Aug 8, 2014
Well this isn't a copy of DK and many things are quite different when you look at the details.
The Prison is mainly just an holder for units in WFTO and there are a bunch of uses for Prisoners.
You can use them in the Torture Chamber (to convert them or create Spirits), in the Crypt (to raise Ghouls) or in the Sanctuary (sacrifice to speed up Rituals), lateron the Vampire might have some meal nearby the Prison ;)
Do you think we really need more ways to "use" Prisoners?
You will need less micromanagement with Prisons in WFTO, except you throw more prisoners by hand into than it can store ;)
Honestly the sacrifice for the rituals doesnt seem all that good because a bunch of cultists are able of prepping a rituals very fast. Since I'm talking of brawls will there be a chance of fight erupting in your tavern?

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Honestly the sacrifice for the rituals doesnt seem all that good because a bunch of cultists are able of prepping a rituals very fast.
Just forget about the current timings and stats, this is all just to allow to explore every aspect of the game fast to test all features out and better find bugs.
This is by no means meant to be final.
Rituals will finally take much longer and sacrificing units will be a more valid option once everything is slowed a bit and balanced.

JJC

Gnarling
Aug 8, 2014
Just forget about the current timings and stats, this is all just to allow to explore every aspect of the game fast to test all features out and better find bugs.
This is by no means meant to be final.
Rituals will finally take much longer and sacrificing units will be a more valid option once everything is slowed a bit and balanced.
Ok, but since I am talking about brawls, is there the possibility of creatures getting drunk in the tavern and start fights?

Aug 28, 2014
...Hang on, I'm confused. I thought the point of torturing creatures to death in the Torture Chamber was to provide fuel for the Spirit Chamber in order to give your creatures a quick and cheap XP boost. Was that mechanic scrapped in favour of the Spirit being a separate unit? I don't actually own a copy of the game yet, so I can't really go and check.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
...Hang on, I'm confused. I thought the point of torturing creatures to death in the Torture Chamber was to provide fuel for the Spirit Chamber in order to give your creatures a quick and cheap XP boost. Was that mechanic scrapped in favour of the Spirit being a separate unit? I don't actually own a copy of the game yet, so I can't really go and check.
You're certainly not wrong Valtiel, one of the function of spirits is to provide fuel for the spirit chamber that will enable you to quickly transfer levels to other units. However Spirits have always been a separate unit, capable of scouting without any repercussions. Spirits that are outside the spirit chamber will gradually degrade and disappear.

Aug 28, 2014
You're certainly not wrong Valtiel, one of the function of spirits is to provide fuel for the spirit chamber that will enable you to quickly transfer levels to other units. However Spirits have always been a separate unit, capable of scouting without any repercussions. Spirits that are outside the spirit chamber will gradually degrade and disappear.
And once again, the WFTO team somehow manages to provide the best of both worlds, preempting my suggestion before I even get around to making it. Seriously, your designers are great.

Top Bottom