• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Announcing Heart of Gold, WFTO's first expansion!

Mar 24, 2016
Does this mean that the original game is not due to have any more patches? If so, this is good news, I haven't really played the game as I was waiting for the patches and tweaks to settle down. is the base game "done" now so to speak?

RachniKiller

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 12, 2012
is this expansion going to explain more of whats going on in the world since the campaign or is it completely separate?

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Does this mean that the original game is not due to have any more patches? If so, this is good news, I haven't really played the game as I was waiting for the patches and tweaks to settle down. is the base game "done" now so to speak?
The base game will still be patched. We're still planning to add more free content over the coming months. :)

Generally you should see a lower rate of minor patches though (I.e. after 1.3 there's only been two minor patches)

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
is this expansion going to explain more of whats going on in the world since the campaign or is it completely separate?
Heart of Gold takes place after the main campaign and will take place within Phaestus, a dukedom that is part of the Empire in Kairos. Essentially it continues the story in the aftermath of WFTO.

Edit: Although it's worth noting that the main storyline revolved around Underlord Oberon who is not present in Heart of Gold. In that sense it doesn't follow the main storyline but a branch in the aftermath.

Mar 24, 2016
The base game will still be patched. We're still planning to add more free content over the coming months. :)

Generally you should see a lower rate of minor patches though (I.e. after 1.3 there's only been two minor patches)
Ok dokey, that's great thanks. Will mentally pencil in WFTO for some gaming time now then :). Thanks for all your efforts.

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
if the announcement was made today do not believe thatwill be released in late April: P

the graphic... in the teaser minions/dungeon seem more detailed:eek:

Jan 29, 2016
Interesting...

One thing that i've noticed on the trailer is that the Empire units look different. Is this how they will look if they are corrupted by Kasita? Or this is the uniform of the dukedom of Phaestus?

Oh, and seeing how much people here want to toss money...

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Interesting...

One thing that i've noticed on the trailer is that the Empire units look different. Is this how they will look if they are corrupted by Kasita? Or this is the uniform of the dukedom of Phaestus?

Oh, and seeing how much people here want to toss money...

The Dukedom's faction have their own uniform/armour (new textures for most empire units)

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
"Significant performance improvements"
wow significant? There Has Been some breakthrough in this field? xD
performance improvement affects only the side of single player / multiplayer or Both?

I believe the game after the release of this expansion will be even better than Dungeon Keeper (said by DK fan sounds a little strange: P) .

I take this opportunity to suggest some ideas (Certainly many are not feasible, but would like to hear the opinion of the devs about it to figure out how you can make push ^^)

- Insert a new resource (ex. Quartz of the Underworld) to increase the managerial component of the game

.- In my opinion one of the main flaws of the game is the "attack rate". The troops in general attach too fast and the battles end in a matter of seconds .. so (in my opinion) it would be appropriate to reduce the speed of attack (/ s) ... especially the one of the strongest skill.

- New spell: "meat to the Slaughter" .. when this spell is activated (during a fight) of one or more units, forcing the latter to fight to the death, while the other units are returned to the core (terrified: D) ..the spell's cost must be very high to prevent abuse. (400 mana).This can be an alternative to escape from a battle ...

- Permanent traps (neutral): These traps can not be destroyed and are activated Whenever a victim comes Within range .. this way you can create (in map editor) paths faster but more dangerous ...

(sorry for eng by google tra. mobile :grumpy: )

Top Bottom