• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New archon bug?

Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
okay so i like the archon way better then behemoth or eternal.. but something is bothering me.. they cant be picked up, they cant get xp, even after sending it alone in the fortress of the empire and killing over a dozen goodly heroes it doesnt get xp

now if this is intended, then im sorry but these creatures are as useless as vampire is atm and a few succubi and necromancers outpower them easily

so either they should be able to get limited xp or they should be able to be picked up

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
The Archon, like all Titan/Uber units, can not be picked up. They do not require sleep, food, or gold, but in turn can not level up either, as they're powerful enough in your own right.

The thing with the Archon in particular is that he's not meant as a front-line fighter, like the Behemoth. Instead, the Archon's true power comes from his passive "Reaper of Souls" ability, which makes him raise two wraiths with a limited (but rather generous) lifespan, allowing you to create a veritable army of Undead during mass-battles (he can also raise up to two ghouls in a crypt as his personal bodyguard). He's more of a support unit though, so don't expect him to fight an entire army on his own.

At this point, I will also shamelessly shill my own Steamguide, which gives a brief overview over all the minions in the game and their role in the battlefield.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421483378

MomoL

Priestess
Dec 29, 2012
Mar 3, 2015
Austria
The Archon, like all Titan/Uber units, can not be picked up. They do not require sleep, food, or gold, but in turn can not level up either, as they're powerful enough in your own right.

The thing with the Archon in particular is that he's not meant as a front-line fighter, like the Behemoth. Instead, the Archon's true power comes from his passive "Reaper of Souls" ability, which makes him raise two wraiths with a limited (but rather generous) lifespan, allowing you to create a veritable army of Undead during mass-battles (he can also raise up to two ghouls in a crypt as his personal bodyguard). He's more of a support unit though, so don't expect him to fight an entire army on his own.

At this point, I will also shamelessly shill my own Steamguide, which gives a brief overview over all the minions in the game and their role in the battlefield.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421483378
dont you even care a little? we are serious..

Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
tbh is i pwn a enemy behemoth with a group is lvl 10 gnarlings he is zerged away in a blink.. as it stands now im not to impressed with the "end-game" minions, the 3 titans, vampire,succubus and chunder feel to weak to be anywhere near end game
for me atm having a good endgame means converted heroes, augere's and (that big knight guy) along with some priesteses these feel so much stronger then any of the minions we currently own (maybe with the exception of necromancer)

note that im one of those ppl that was rly pissed off in dk 2 for making horny a cast rather then minion... i prefer horny from dk1 and also the style he was used, who else remembering making 4 or 5 3x3 rooms as your horny's personal dungeon?

Top Bottom