• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

(Beast) Bloodspore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2012
When the earth gets soaked with blood, gore and the angry souls of fallen warriors, the mixture triples down the cursed warrens of certain locations were disgusting fungi grow.
When dark magic is performed at these places it can come to unpredictable side effects.
The bloodspore is one of these abominations, they crawl through the caves under places were bloody battles have been fought, especially at places were roots and mushrooms are common.
These magic creatures are half shroom and monster gorging on unlucky adventurers and everything which crosses their path.
_
Highlight: good against melee groups and archers, deals splash damage but bad against mages, tanks and elemental damage.
Faction: Underlord
Type: Beast
Role: Melee Fighter
Acquired By: voluntary neutral or through portals

Basic Attack: moderate slash damage with its thorny lances, the bloodspore can attack in every direction without the need of turning around.
Offensive Power 1 : Spores- The bloodspore spits out a cloud of spores which slows every creature in a short range down and deals tiny poison damage.
Offensive Power 2 : Spear dance- The bloodspore falls into a rage and uses powerful strikes in every direction with its legs, one strike per leg deals high slash damage, but every leg stucks in the ground for 3 seconds stunning the bloodspore for this amount of time- long cooldown.
Offensive Power 3: explode - as the bloodspore dies, it explodes in a cloud of resin, blood and spores stunning all surrounding creatures and dealing low poison damge- the bloodspore leaves a corpse.
The underlord owning the dying spore, gets a small mana (blood) boost
Defensive Power 1: precise walking - the bloodspore walks as swift over water as on land.
Defensive Power 2: High legged - the bloodspore gets a defense bonus against small creatures like gnarlings and chunders. for these units the bloodspore has a high defense.
Flying creatures, bigger units and ranged fighters can reach the main body of the spore easily- dealing damage against a low/moderate armor.
Special trait: brittle feet- when loosing 80% of its health, the legs of the bloodspore break, leaving the vulnerable core of the bloodspore immobile on the ground and without its bonusses.
Also the only attack which can be used in this status is the spore attack.
After 1 or 2 minutes the legs regrow.

Resistances: strong against poison, blunt and electricy- weak against everything else like fire and ice. Slashing damage which deals normal harm.
Movement: slow

Attack Rate: Fast
Work: guarding
Entertainment: It needs food
Special Needs: Bloodspores dont sleep.
Appearance:
The creatures core with the maw is covered by greenish mushroom like plates, the maw and the holes were the dark brown legs come out are constantly drooling a dark red fluid. Also it shouldnt be as big as shown on the picture.
Ignore my pitiful attemps at shadow:

Likes: murdering things and standing still for looong times
Dislikes: fire and units in shiny armor which remember the insane souls which are trapped in the creature of the battles they fouht and loose- these units may get attacked by the bloodspore even if allied.
Behaviour: Nothing remarkable out of combat.

Haze

Disciple
Mar 31, 2013
Moscow, Russia
"standing still for looong times"?

This sounds really good for a change. I mean, at least someone can be used as a guardian after reaching certain level in barracks. It won't run away, won't need payment.

It could be perfect, original, never seen combination - bloodspore stands still, while few men of the lantern (underlord unit, like to wander in empty corridors), pass through with their doombringing depressive evil-colored lanterns... Light reflection on swords and axes of the nearest bloodspore...

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Not sure if I like the concept per se, but I love your drawing. That's a kind of monster I'd love to see in the game, tbh.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
okay to be honest i think a 6 seconds stun may be to much, why bother with an attack like this if you could make the normal attacks just a little stronger? i think with its skill it could be really unreliable :

a dwarfs comes and through your wall , 10m behind him are the entire hero army : Bloodspore uses Ultra Skill! dwarf dies bloodspore is lying in your dungeon, ready to die !

no i think the problem here is that we cant directly control our minions and thus it may use something like this where you wouldnt want it. (yes you could use possess but then possession would be extremely good, and i dont think that is what the devs have in mind.)

well on the other hand i see him as a Boss maybe (if we have something like that) if it is a big fight against a single bloodspore it could really awesome to "micromanage" this as much as you can without the control you have over your units (like you would have in SC" for example)

before i add this you have to decide if it is Neutral or Underlord... you do not need change anything in the text but since i cant see a real alternative in formattintg the list you have to decide in which section i can put it.

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
I like the design and the feel for the creature and it is certainly a useful guards unit
but as said beforehand the skill are a tad Overpowered
e

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Looking at the drawing again, I kind of feel the need to stress that something like that should be in the game, IMO. Necromancers, Chunders and Gargoyles are all nice, but nearly every monster we've seen so far (in fact, I think actually every one of them) has been incredibly defined and well 'thought out'. Not to offend the OP, but this monster looks like a specific type of monster seen in some of the scarier horror movies: the completely undefined one. A ball of... brains? goo? intestines? walking on semi-spider legs. Now there's one monster that no one knows shit about - and most people would like to keep it that way. I reckon the game needs one or two monsters that simply do not resemble anything to add to the diversity of what's walking around a keeper's dungeon, and how well he knows his own monsters.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
I like it, that picture is simple and yet looks amazing, a giant round mass with a large maw supported by spindly legs is scary enough for me when I picture it animated and moving around and it has a nice name also. talents are also interesting and I like the touch about it's legs breaking and regrowing when critically injured. Good job dude.

also:
I reckon the game needs one or two monsters that simply do not resemble anything to add to the diversity of what's walking around a keeper's dungeon, and how well he knows his own monsters.

this, I really hope we get some vbery varied and unique creatures in our dungeon, I am pleased with the Chunder and a few fantasy regulars are fine but I really would like WTFO to stand out and have it's own amazing cast like Dungeon keeper had Dark mistress, Bile demon, Horned reaper and such though it did seem to have one to many trashy units like beetle, spider, fly and so on.

Jan 7, 2012
i think with its skill it could be really unreliable :

a dwarfs comes and through your wall , 10m behind him are the entire hero army : Bloodspore uses Ultra Skill! dwarf dies bloodspore is lying in your dungeon, ready to die !
I changed the stun, the attacks are strong because of the fastattack rate. On the other side the spore is very vulnerable aginst casters and cant be safed easely when brought down to the ground.
I thought that scenarios like this wont be so common because the devs promised an awesome unit AI, also no creature should survive long on his own when fighting against an "entire hero army"?
The bloodspore wasnt supposed to be horny replacement.
I wanted a valuable creature which can take down groups of smaller critters like gnarlings and ghouls but also most medium fighters if encountered alone, while being easy to loose on magicans , brutish or elemental units.

well on the other hand i see him as a Boss maybe (if we have something like that) if it is a big fight against a single bloodspore it could really awesome to "micromanage" this as much as you can without the control you have over your units (like you would have in SC" for example)
I gave it the underlord faction because of its affinity for battles, blood and dark magic-things which can be found in great amounts in the dungeons of underlords.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom