• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Beast] Wrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebt

Matriarch
Dec 4, 2011
The Venus Project
www.TheVenusProject.com
Wrath
The Wraths are tall and thin, metal-armored creatures that their bodies are made up of ashes. After their ruinous fusion at volcanic mountains on the way to Heartland with ancient beasts and old minions (that were perfect artisans and later recruited by Underlord to fight for Heartland) they're now undead-elemental creatures. Wraths are living in open magma and metal-like resources areas that they are these places defenders - they are underground nature protectors. Thanks to that fusion Wraths are perfect in scaring enemy with their fire spells that can deal increasing and continuous damages and that can harden it's destroyed armors to make them thought guys. What's more as an "old minion" Wrath had very strong armor, now after chemical reactions of fusion it doesn't have, but has abilities to raise old powers.

Pic.1. The Wrath

Overview
Highlight - Medium maintenance, combo fire spells, can be reconstructed after dead
Type - Elemental/Beast
Role - Area & Time damage caster (?)
Acquired by - Neutral creature, can only be Reconstructed
Basic attack - Short range, magma bombs projectile, low
Offensive power - Low
Defensive power - Below Medium
Health points - Low
Resistances - High resistance to fire spells
Movement - Close to High
Work - Foundry
Entertainment - Foundry
Special Needs - None
Upgrades - None

Abilities
(T1) Immune to lava - Wraths can wade through the lava without being hurt.
(T2) Hungerless - Wraths do not feel the hunger, because their haven't got guts.
(T3) Reconstructed - After dead there is a 50% chance that Wrath can be turned into a pile of ashes and metal scraps. In this form can be moved by Blood Imps to a Foundry where killed Wrath could be reconstructed. This works only when Wrath have been killed by creature that have "Scavenging" or "Reconstruction/Engineering" ability. Wrath could not be obtainable in any other form.
We could make it like that: After dead Wrath would "drop" an item that would be moved to a Foundry, after that just after reconstructing Wrath will reborn with the same level as Wrath died. Maybe we could make this item as a Ritual item to recall boxed soul into life.
(T4) One life - If Wrath is killed by creature that have not got "Scavenging" or "Reconstruction/Engineering" ability it will just scatter (die like skeleton in DK2).

(A1) Combustion - Wrath shoots a blue-fire energy ball that implode in target body makes target burn, first shot deals single below medium damage, but burn damages are time damages that decreases on target with time until the end of burn effect.
(A2) Metal Mental - Wrath is focusing deeply on it's body makes Wrath's armor temporarily stronger (changes armor from Below Medium to High), but decrease temporarily and sharply Movement Speed (From High to Below Medium and Evasion to Low (because it is focused on survive and has a problem with focusing on enemy, so can miss much more often). Something like a Footman's defense stance in WC3.
(A3) Magma bomb - Strikes a big magma bomb from Wrath's body into enemy deals splash damage around in radius of stroked by Wrath creature and in addition deals bigger than that splash single damage damage to striked creature. It is a small chance to stun stroked creature.
(A4) Heat of magma - Wrath use their powers to cracks linearly the ground where the fire that coming out from deals linear damage to creatures on Hom's way (strikes like schockwave, burns like Kael'thas flame strike in WC3). Can cause burn. If creature on Hom's way is burning, Hom will starts burn decreasing damages from the beginning and raise them a little.

Background
Wrath is an elemental creature that has got many time and area spells, while it not have a strong, single powerful magic projectiles and strong armor etc. It's an undead elemental creature with metal body that can be reconstructed after dead if it's killer has special ability to not destroy Wrath, but just dismantled which make a chance to get Wrath to our side. This is good if we couldn't on a map to talk around the enemy, but we have Foundry where we could reconstruct dismantled Wrath.
Wrath will be a perfect support for Your minions that could cause burn especially, but even if there is a big melee fight where You can deal area damages to many enemy creatures and what's more, can be very important if the enemy would escape when it have last Health Points, because of burn that could finish that chicken off. Thanks to Metal Mental ability he can make him very good in defense, so when time will come to dead it can survive thanks to this power. It's very hard to obtain so with it's low amount of health points and weak armor it could survive thanks to this.
These powers makes Wrath an original, very good support in battle, especially if You have them more (but shouldn't be on map many) - You could make unstoppable increasing burnification!
The are a good artisans too - remembering some of their skills from previous form they are very good Foundry workers.

Anyway Developers as far I remember would like to make neutral creatures more powerful, that are harder to obtain and that have different abilities, so please read it all having that in mind. ;)

OFFtopic - don't You think that there is so much humanoidal creatures revealed now? ;)

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
OFFtopic - don't You think that there is so much humanoidal creatures revealed now?
yes

would you kindly (no pun intended) use the creature suggestion pattern of (like in your Avaggdu suggestion)? I like your Idea but this way its easier to get information out of it !

I can see there is much time in writing this suggestion so i will add it now, but please for the sake of accesability add this :D

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
I could, but I don't know You would like to read the rest of all. :p
I would like to save story character, but I could make it more organized, but give me few minutes. :p
i know how you feel and please dont erase anything of it ! o_O
write it under your main post ;) just you know ... the guys who would read it will read it, and the ones who wont read it wont read it but with this addition they get you general idea ^^

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
just a question this is a neutral creature right? have to correct that then ... you said that in the last sentence (i thought it would be a underlord creature) please correct me if i make a mistake now

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
I like this. Had to read it carefully to get my head round it, but as I understand its some kind of hardened physical fire elemental spirit?
Good idea... Definitely neutral! I'd say you shouldn't even be able capture them... Perhaps one campaign level where they *agree* to help you .

Jan 3, 2013
You should take into account that any neutral creature can be captured and converted. This means you need to consider it's attributes and contribution when it's under Overlord's control.

Wrath looks to me a perfect creature that can be obtained via magic ritual. Perhaps you could consider an alternative way of getting this creature, like through Temple or Graveyard, since it's a neutral one.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
I think through temple makes sense. However you can always make them impossible to capture i.e. they don't get knocked out, they just die.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
Well like skeletons in dk2, they seem so close to death, not really held together by anything more than magic. I feel that they wouldn't be 'knocked out' so once defeated, they'd disappear or crumble... Just seems more realistic for any spirit based creature to operate in that way.
Perhaps if you sacrificed enough of their ashes in a temple, you'd be rewarded one?
Just my point of view, we don't know how the game exactly will operate regarding knockouts, dead bodies etc

Jan 3, 2013
Well like skeletons in dk2, they seem so close to death, not really held together by anything more than magic. I feel that they wouldn't be 'knocked out' so once defeated, they'd disappear or crumble... Just seems more realistic for any spirit based creature to operate in that way.
Perhaps if you sacrificed enough of their ashes in a temple, you'd be rewarded one?
Just my point of view, we don't know how the game exactly will operate regarding knockouts, dead bodies etc
They could return into some kind of soul-stone, wich can be dragged to lair/temple and they would respawn again. Anyway, creature itself looks fine, great alternative to ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom