• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Belmore's Pass - Campaign #9

Greetings,

I'm running into a problem with this mission. I've followed the traditional advice, build two layers four tiles wide of blade lotus as well as two layers, again four tiles wide of bombards. I also have a garrison close enough that all of those traps are covered by the buff. Problem is even with manually dropping the pieces on the traps I'm having a very hard time keeping up with the flood of enemies that take down my traps.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this campaign, I've been at it for a while now and it's extremely frustrating to either die due to my heart being attacked or by too many enemies slipping through my defenses as I'm also trying not to run out of gold.

To be honest, I find this mission a bit too fast paced, I don't even have time to setup my dungeon as I have to focus on setting up a liar, a room big enough to have a lot of production for trap parts as well as a garrison. With the very very limited amount of gold and the low timer it's extremely difficult to manage all the moving parts AND build a dungeon with all the working rooms. :(

Thanks in advance and nice work, the patches seem to be bringing some real stability to this game and I'm excited by the progress you guys are making!

-D

Apr 28, 2014
Germany
Go to the north, where you find a second portal and some Gold tiles.

From there make a long tunnel to the east , where you will find a wall of brimstone.

destroy the brimstone with an Underminer and you will find a gold shrine wich grants you infinite Gold. Place a Gold Vortex near that shrine so your workers have a short way to bring the gold to your Vault.

Its helpful to build a massive Foundry directly to the north of your core (and directly beside the bottleneck, where your traps should be) to have a short way to transport defence parts (or picking them up faster)

With those Tipps you should be able to beat the level with ease.

Go to the north, where you find a second portal and some Gold tiles.

From there make a long tunnel to the east , where you will find a wall of brimstone.

destroy the brimstone with an Underminer and you will find a gold shrine wich grants you infinite Gold. Place a Gold Vortex near that shrine so your workers have a short way to bring the gold to your Vault.

Its helpful to build a massive Foundry directly to the north of your core (and directly beside the bottleneck, where your traps should be) to have a short way to transport defence parts (or picking them up faster)

With those Tipps you should be able to beat the level with ease.
Most excellent, thank you a ton for the tips!!! :) Also, I *LOVE* the spoiler tag. :)

I'll try this again with your input, thank you very very much!!

-D

Apr 23, 2015
I found an easy way to do this. There are 2 chokepoints, the bridge, and the front of the base. What I did was, I took territory in front of the base, and some inside with monsters, then I filled in a 1 width wall a couple spaces back. Let the minions take control of the entire open area in front of the bridge in the SE, then wall off that a bit thicker.

This way, you have a dirt wall just in front of the base, and 3-5 tiles worth of dungeon in front of it, inside the base if possible but building your wall a bit back is ok I suppose. You definitely want to have at least 2 spaces in front. On the bridge side, dig out the gold, gain control, then put a single block of dirt on the 1 open space of the bridge, and 2-3 layers of dirt on the island with the artifact behind that. You might build a garrison near them as well since I think that strengthens the walls or something. Now, when the sappers come to take down the walls: lightning them. They come pretty often so you have to keep on the ball, but this will leave the entire enemy force bottled up behind the walls (long as you keep frying the sappers), giving you as much time as you need to prepare your forces. Fortunately, they tend to pick a direction and usually only go through that way unless something changes, so you won't have to worry about watching both sides. When I played it, sappers always went through the base, probably because they only had to dig through 1 wall (as opposed to the 3-5 thick bridge). The oculus from the creature den should wander past the bridge and shoot stuff on it, giving you a bit extra sight and some attrition on enemy forces. Their retreating may also draw some enemies forward into your control area, which you can lightning, but be sure you save enough mana for sappers.

Now, by the time you've build up your dungeon and your force, the good guys will have a massive army that would probably overrun you. The solution: Freeze potions, minimum of 6. Might use some of those as exp potions to help level your forces first. When you're ready, grab your guys, group them up in front of the base wall, and dig out a spot. The allies will come pouring towards you. This is where the freeze potions come in. Use them to freeze an area shut once some of the enemies are through, thus limiting the number your minions fight at a time. If your force gets tired, or you have stuff to do, pull the troops back and rewall, using freeze potions to cover your retreat. Be aware that if you are using the freeze potions correctly, you will block anyone from traveling through, meaning the sappers will take the only passible route, the bridge. Keep an eye on them and make sure you don't let them breach or you will be in trouble. Also, make sure you don't run out of potions before you rewall, or you'll let the horde through.

Eventually, after a few times, you will kill all the enemies that come charging at you. Deal with the ones in your prison, then you win.

Top Bottom