• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

block selection

Mar 12, 2015
Not been driven to comment on the game before - I funded it at the start, keep checking in, and it's looking very nice in general, guys - well done!

But this one, apparently minor new feature:
  • New selection box added for tagging tiles and placing rooms
is unusable for me :(

The box outline actually makes it really hard to see what I'm clicking on, and I keep making errors especially when selecting areas. It worked so well before, so I was more than a little dismayed by this change.

It is of course possible it's just rendering weirdly on my particular setup, so I've uploaded a DXDiag report in case you need it - but please, just outline the visible, top edges of the wall, or similar. This actually makes every action in the game horrible for me! :-(

I'm new to your forums, so I may have duplicated this topic - so of course feel free to merge this thread / move it somewhere else, but please don't ignore it - this one thing will stop me playing if it remains as it is (and I really really wanna play!!)

Attachments

Alistair

Captain Graze Box
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2011
UK
Hey guys.

Thanks for the feedback.

Its currently a work in progress and definitely not final.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
I like it, but perhaps the lines that are behind things should be dimmer, in order to get rid of the weird optic effect of drawing the lines over everything else.

Peetfighter

Augre
WFTO Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I really feel what you are saying. When I encountered this in the internal build I noted it straight away thinking it was a bug but I was later told that it was a WIP. This should've had a higher priority in my opinion and I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible.

RMJ

Firebreather
Jan 3, 2013
Denmark
Yeah it doesnt help, it looks like its actually on top of the ground. It confuses me greatly and gets in my way. It should be another color, green or red and tone the color way way down.

At first i thought i was tired or something, but that thing just confuses me lol

I have to say that I actually really like the box in concept. It's just that the block of earth that's being selected is actually the one under the hand, which doesn't match up with where the box is most of the time. I notice that some have stated a desire to completely be rid of the box, and I'd suggest the option to turn the box on/off for those people, since I think it would be really helpful for players such as myself.

Jul 4, 2013
Not been driven to comment on the game before - I funded it at the start, keep checking in, and it's looking very nice in general, guys - well done!

But this one, apparently minor new feature:
  • New selection box added for tagging tiles and placing rooms
is unusable for me :(

The box outline actually makes it really hard to see what I'm clicking on, and I keep making errors especially when selecting areas. It worked so well before, so I was more than a little dismayed by this change.

It is of course possible it's just rendering weirdly on my particular setup, so I've uploaded a DXDiag report in case you need it - but please, just outline the visible, top edges of the wall, or similar. This actually makes every action in the game horrible for me! :-(

I'm new to your forums, so I may have duplicated this topic - so of course feel free to merge this thread / move it somewhere else, but please don't ignore it - this one thing will stop me playing if it remains as it is (and I really really wanna play!!)
I'm in a very similar place to Mark on this one. I don't think it's rendering - its partly an optical illusion as, on rotating the screen, the box is in the correct place. It's wierdly distracting and very hard to adjust to after expecting just the top of blocks to be selectable. I like the idea of the top or face selection expressed earlier in the thread - that may work if an alternative is sought.

That said, this version is oozing slick playability. So much more advanced than previously - really liking it; keep it going guys.

Mar 14, 2015
This needs to be changed, im struggling find the block im selecting due to the weird optical illusion this is doing. I was really looking forward to testing the game with this new patch too :(

I would much prefer that the top is highlighted in a colour with their being a bright border around the edges of that selection.

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
I really don't know, in the QA branch it was just the top square for a while, then one day it was the full box. It's probably just because the full box was applied for something else and just applied to everything.

Top Bottom