• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bonus design points for C10 - good work

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Just wanted to say that after the horrible experience of C9 (Belmore's Pass), I stopped playing for a few days, because I'd stopped enjoying the campaign.

Today I picked it up again and played C10 (The Kenos) and its like I'm playing a different game! C10 is easily the best level I've played so far. The pacing is perfect for someone like me who wants to actually build up a dungeon. The occasional level 8 hero raiding party was just right to make sure I didn't sit back as was the knowledge my ai ally was busy expanding in the north (giving me a yard stick to measure my own progress against, nice touch).

When you come to designing future campaigns, I for one hope we'll see more levels like C10.

Whoever designed this level, please help yourself to a gold star [emoji93]. You also have my permission to poke the designer of C9 in the arm. If you are the same person who did both, I like the personality that was in control when you did C10 more than the other one. Please exorcise him quickly.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
heh, all campaign missions were designed by one person.

TBH, and thats only my personal opinion and preference here, i think we hit the right spot for pacing, yes we have fast paced and pressing missions but we have as many slow ones as well (you will like c13). my personal favorite C11 and C12 are the most pressing and action oriented levels.

people complain about the pacing on the most passive and defensive levels, (something i dont udnerstand actually) C3 C7 C9 are all extremely defensive and slow. and apart from C3 all of them sport enough room to build everything ... in Gigantic proportions.

But oh well, making people happy is hard, i still think the campaign has a lot of variation and everyone can find a few level he likes, and maybe a few they doesnt. (i hate C7 and C9 , not because they are so fast, but because they are so slow and i hate sitting around)

Nosferatu

Dwarven Worker
Apr 10, 2015
TBH, and thats only my personal opinion and preference here, i think we hit the right spot for pacing, yes we have fast paced and pressing missions but we have as many slow ones as well (you will like c13).
After finishing the campaign once and now replaying each mission for the achievements i'm inclined to agree with you here. The thing is that when you're coming in blind in to a mission and don't know what to expect, it's natural that people feel "rushed" when the AI starts sending enemies their way; but once you know what to expect in each map and the location of various goodies on the map, things get much easier eventually.

As for C10, i'll agree with OP that it's one of the most enjoyable and "fun" missions so far :)

Top Bottom