• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Build-A-Room Part 2: The Walls

Which wall style do you want to see in the Archive?

• A

Votes: 194 84.7%
  • B

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • C

Votes: 28 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Build-A-Room Part 2:
The Walls

Hey folks,

Welcome to the second part of the Build-A-Room series. This time, we're looking at the walls - so let's get right to the point - use the above poll to let us know which wall style you want to see in the archive!

Wall.png

Update!

Jun 28, 2012
Can we get teh skulls of A placed on C? Then C would get my vote for sure. A could also lose the diamonds imo, I dont think they fit well at all with the Archive. The pointed look of C is what I really like, but the skulls would make it an instant yes from me.

David Ortiz

Blood Imp
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2012
A makes the best use of the expensive dungeon space and is the most stylish. Great combination for a room where the smartest creatures are going to spend most of their productive hours.

Jan 10, 2012
A makes the best use of the expensive dungeon space and is the most stylish. Great combination for a room where the smartest creatures are going to spend most of their productive hours.
It's over-designed, though. And none of them are really presenting the core use of the room. If books are going to be a part of the walls, show the books.

Thasic

Blood Imp
Dec 10, 2012
Maryland USA
Well I can say for sure, B is definitely not the one. I like A for the garish, evil dungeon motif it has going but I also like the more practical and austere look of C. I have to agree with Fireheart that a combo of A and C would be perfect but if it is to be one of the 3 choices, I have to go with C. Or maybe A. Darn, this is a tough choice. I'll have to ponder it for a bit.

David Ortiz

Blood Imp
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2012
It's over-designed, though. And none of them are really presenting the core use of the room. If books are going to be a part of the walls, show the books.
I just really appreciate the effort from the team to allows us to choose between three different options on which two of them are going to be discarded. Putting excessive effort in every single of them to make them very fancy/polished would be counter-productive where time/budget is limited and more rooms need to be developed. IMHO

Also, keep in mind that these options are not concept art, but assets ready to be put right in the showcase for us.

For the books, just imagine some old books like the ones on the main stage from Tomorrowland and some spiderwebs on them. ;)

Something tells me that the ones ending up there are not going to be far different from those.

Jan 10, 2012
I'm also increasingly of the opinion that A, B, and C all match the floors they're supposed to be associated with.

In terms of pure aesthetics, I have to vote C.

In terms of what could make A better... eh. Paint Tool SAI away...

Know what? I miss the Archives from the concept art. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom