• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Build-A-Room Part 2: The Walls

Which wall style do you want to see in the Archive?

• A

Votes: 194 84.7%
  • B

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • C

Votes: 28 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eek

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Oct 22, 2012
Canterbury, Kent
www.leeketh.com
Will room walls change depending on whether they're fortified or not?
Something similar to B would look quite nice for an unfortified wall, but I Like A for a fortified one... especially if the gem changes colour like in Grim's suggestion...

Jan 7, 2012
B would fit for a kitchen.
I voted for A which is awesome but there could be a bit more place for books and scrolls, and the blue gems are looking weird.
C Looks more functional but its a bit boring

LucidNonsense

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2012
Texas, y'all
Voted for A, but as was mentioned by another poster earlier in the thread, it would be a neat hat trick if you could have the walls (and floors?) upgrade based on the level or "prestige" of the archive denizen. (yes, I know we can't use that word due to that godawful-game-that-shall-not-be-named).

Xadrow

Disciple
Oct 26, 2012
Belgium
I have a question: is the archive going to be more like a library or a random gear and gizmo compiling place? I havn't completly understood the function of the room, therefore the choice of the walls should depend on the function.

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
I'm pretty sure the Archive will function much like the Library did in Dungeon Keeper; suitable creatures will use it to research new spells. I can see it having other uses as well though.

I voted for A, there's more bookshelf room for the researchers to use and the detail is fantastic. Could easily see it combined with the carpet to create an awesome space for the Cultists and company.

Dec 14, 2012
Will room walls change depending on whether they're fortified or not?
Something similar to B would look quite nice for an unfortified wall, but I Like A for a fortified one... especially if the gem changes colour like in Grim's suggestion...
I was about to suggest the same thing, B would be great as an unclaimed wall variant as it actually makes more sense when a claimed wall allows more 'room for research'.

Vynder

Blood Imp
Dec 14, 2012
Will every single segment of wall be bookcase or will it alternate with other styles?

Think this is good question as it would look jarring if every wall tile is identical and would apply to other rooms that one would expect to have a personal touch (like workshop, torture rooms and lairs and etc.). Hope one can customise streches of walls, though it ain't high priority.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I voted A, but I'm ALSO concerned about the idea of EVERY piece of wall having bookshelves embedded in it. It seems unnatural. Most of the bookshelves should be on the floor itself, after all -- at least, that's how I imagine the room. (Complete with a few tables with books and ink wells here and there.)

MacLeod

Blood Imp
Dec 14, 2012
I agree on the over-repetition, the variations in the walls from the original conecpt was awesome. How about having some walls with the full bookshelf A (since its pretty much definitely going to win) and some more vacant parts that are like B but simply re-texture the wall to the same colourings as A creating that bit of variety and detail? even have a 10% chance for the skull to have crumbled off the design for A every now and then would be kinda cool :p

Dec 14, 2012
I voted A, but I'm ALSO concerned about the idea of EVERY piece of wall having bookshelves embedded in it. It seems unnatural. Most of the bookshelves should be on the floor itself, after all -- at least, that's how I imagine the room. (Complete with a few tables with books and ink wells here and there.)
Its a dungeon created by non-sentient life unwillingly, lit up and populated with an intellectual force so you might be hard pressed to find out what is natural within a WFTO dungeon besides moss and insects? (living and dead) :D

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
I would choose A but I would prefer it just to be books every where. A big cluttered, dusty mess of books acquired over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom