• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Build-A-Room Part 3: The Props

Which of these props do you want to see in the Archive?

• A

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • B

Votes: 111 49.1%
  • C

Votes: 71 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2012
B, it's the only one that says evil.
Dude, with the walls weve chosen, B is just getting overkill. This is an Archive, not a torture chamber. I go with C as the column look fits well with a 'library' and the crystals look like they are for like a ritual or something

sukhonali

Bafu
WFTO Founder
Dec 19, 2011
I went with C because it looked more magical than B, yet the skulls were more enticing to choose but the crystals looked more magic/spell related, plus I can see that allot of time and effort was put into sculpting C into a nice and detailed prop.

Jan 7, 2012
the chains of b look a bit odd, is the skull-platform levitating? Im not sure which looks best, maybe a or b, C doesent really look like a good place to store books...

Makey

Warden
WFTO Founder
Dec 8, 2012
Makes me kinda sad to see B winning. A fits the style the most, but all of them lack candles, can we get some candles please? One needs light to read no?

To be honest, I think the DK1 Bookshelves were the best. Their simplicity made it super clear what this particular prop in the game did, even without pre-existing knowledge.

LucidNonsense

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2012
Texas, y'all
I chose B, but now I'm regretting it. B looks like an accidental bump or light breeze would send everything plummeting to the ground in a flutter of arcane paper. I'd hate to lose my second edition Necronomicon just because of a clumsy blood imp or doddering old thaumaturge. Do you know how much a half-decent tome of forbidden magic costs these days? At least 3 virgins, and not the wink-wink-nudge-nudge type of virgin... the real kind. Where am I supposed to find a virgin these days?

Dec 23, 2012
I like B, I don't so much feel it's skull overkill. If I could design my own personal library IRL I'd get skulls all over the shop! And a raven, and lots of lovely dribbly candles.

Sacred

Templar
WFTO Founder
Dec 17, 2012
Durham, UK
C every time! This isnt a book shelf, its a prop! Its where our budding necromancers are going to take the books from the shelf we previously chose for the outer walls of the archive and bring it to study over for hours on end! Can just imagine a nice glow from the crystals providing enough light to peer through the various spells and incantations hidden away within this archive of knowledge.

Nov 30, 2012
Anyways if you ask me it doesn't look right, maybe you should make real artistic research before instead of proposing 3 designs that doesn't fit.

ohmai

Blood Imp
WFTO Founder
Dec 23, 2012
I went with B as it seems to match the best with the winning walls (in my opinion). And I love the chain suspension of it! I think with the background sounds (if any) and it swaying about would fit so well with the characters using the room.

Dec 10, 2012
Willenhall, UK
Was stuck between A and C on this - the skulls and chains on B seemed a bit overkill design-wise, but I had to go with C. Although I preferred the design of A, the wall designs you revealed for the archive all had some kind of book storage built into them. Because of that the extra storage of A seemed a little redundant.

I think it might be nice to have a kind of mixture of the two, using the style of A but with the more stand-like design of C - maybe instead as a kind of pedestal where the books can be placed while studying and researching. Just a thought though :) I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for keeping us so in-the-loop with the development :)

Jan 7, 2012
C every time! This isnt a book shelf, its a prop! Its where our budding necromancers are going to take the books from the shelf we previously chose for the outer walls of the archive and bring it to study over for hours on end! Can just imagine a nice glow from the crystals providing enough light to peer through the various spells and incantations hidden away within this archive of knowledge.
Damn! you just convinced me, now I forgot too vote over the chrismas days :/

Jun 28, 2012
Can the next DaR be a different room? Perhaps an original room that isnt related to rooms found in DK? The archive is cool but I would like to see what new things you have in store for WFTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom