• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

campaign level 2

Jul 12, 2015
Just wandering if there is a trick to get to the second level in the campaign.

I can complete level 1: Wakening, however on completion, going back to the campaign map shows the same as before starting the level, with a purple circle on the bottom of the map over where I understand the second level is meant to be. I can't select any thing apart from the first level again.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Just wandering if there is a trick to get to the second level in the campaign.

I can complete level 1: Wakening, however on completion, going back to the campaign map shows the same as before starting the level, with a purple circle on the bottom of the map over where I understand the second level is meant to be. I can't select any thing apart from the first level again.
Can you post a screenshot of how the campaign map looks? Along with your output log so we can figure out if something has broken.

Jun 18, 2015
That isn't really a good way of doing it. I'm not even sure it really does work like that as you can reset your campaign progress.
Well, I supposed this is another reason why we are never to see this game outside of Steam.
By the way, truly dangerous this "mechanic".

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
One tip about this:
I'm more Gog user than Steam, and as many people there I don't use the Galaxy client, the way the game control the access to new level is truly dangerous outside of the Steam's client.
The steam version makes use of steam's cloud to save the data (meaning it can be accessed on other systems)

The DRM Free version will not require steam's cloud and will store the data separately (as far as I know).

Jun 18, 2015
The steam version makes use of steam's cloud to save the data (meaning it can be accessed on other systems)

The DRM Free version will not require steam's cloud and will store the data separately (as far as I know).
But, the thing is the fact they are using the achievements for unlocking the next level in the campaigns. They are in stored in Steam servers (not sure if the same cloud), something that don't exist in Gog (well, with the Galaxy client but is not mandatory). That is what @Yani tried to warn.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
But, the thing is the fact they are using the achievements for unlocking the next level in the campaigns. They are in stored in Steam servers (not sure if the same cloud), something that don't exist in Gog (well, with the Galaxy client but is not mandatory). That is what @Yani tried to warn.
Did I not just explain this? The Steam version uses steam stuff to store the data, the DRM free version WILL NOT use steam related stuff to store the data, it will be (probably) stored on the player's machine somewhere since the DRM version won't have access to internet/network based features.

Basically, the DRM free version, will store the data differently so as to not require access to steam or any other online data storage system.

Top Bottom