• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

cannot save games

ElPazzo

Disciple
May 3, 2015
Hi,

whenever I try to save a game nothing happens. I get sent back to game but there is no save file being created.

Thx,
Pascal

Feb 9, 2014
Hi,

whenever I try to save a game nothing happens. I get sent back to game but there is no save file being created.

Thx,
Pascal
How do you know that no save file is created? You should indeedly get sent back in-game after saving..... So, if you try to load the save you just saved, you cannot load it? And you can't find your save at the SaveGames folder?

Feb 9, 2014
I know it's not created because it simply is not there when trying to load or save something.
And it also does not exist at the SaveGames folder after creating a save? You can find that folder at the WFTO installation location. Could you (only!) do the following?:
-Start WFTO.
-Start a random level.
-Save it.
-Go to load screen and see if you can find it. Report back what your findings were. Also: make sure you switch between the "tabs" as there are different save-tabs for each gamemode!!!!!!
-Close the game.
-Post an output_log here.
-Look if the save exists at the SaveGames folder.

Could you report back your findings? Could you also provide some details about the (SS)HDD/SSD you installed WFTO on? Thanks in advance!

May 3, 2015
did not get to playing before.

Just wanted to upload the output file but I keep getting this error:

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

output_log.txt

May 3, 2015
whereas I cannot upload anything I guess these are the lines you are looking for:

Couldn't set Gold_Mined to 1000 , Steam not init
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

AudioClip: 'campaign11a_narrator_line3' does not exist!

System.InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.

at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Steamworks.SteamRemoteStorage.GetQuota (System.Int32& pnTotalBytes, System.Int32& puAvailableBytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SteamWFTO.FileWrite (System.String pchFile, System.Byte[] pvData, Int32 cubData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Serializer.MapSave (.SaveMeta meta) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Unloading 9 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Unloading 61 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 111373.
Total: 286.182861 ms (FindLiveObjects: 7.696412 ms CreateObjectMapping: 14.774795 ms MarkObjects: 263.359833 ms DeleteObjects: 0.350287 ms)

Stop Server

[Coherent UI] (Info) Removing view 0

[Coherent UI] (Info) Uninitializing Coherent UI Session

Feb 9, 2014
did not get to playing before.

Just wanted to upload the output file but I keep getting this error:

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

output_log.txt
Can you try this again later today? @Alistair Is there a problem with uploading files currently? I will upload a file with this message now, just to test..... If it uploads, you should try it again! Edit: try it again and provide us with the whole output file....

It seems like Steamworks doesn't get correctly initialized. Are you sure that Steam is running when you try to start WFTO?

And please answer the following question!:

And it also does not exist at the SaveGames folder after creating a save? You can find that folder at the WFTO installation location. Could you (only!) do the following?:
-Start WFTO.
-Start a random level.
-Save it.
-Go to load screen and see if you can find it. Report back what your findings were. Also: make sure you switch between the "tabs" as there are different save-tabs for each gamemode!!!!!!
-Close the game.
-Post an output_log here.
-Look if the save exists at the SaveGames folder.

Could you report back your findings? Could you also provide some details about the (SS)HDD/SSD you installed WFTO on? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Hello ElPazzo,
this actually looks like Steam is offline or not running or no internet connection.
Games are saved into the steam cloud for your user account, so that you can access your savegames from any computer.
But this doesn't work if you have no connection. If you can't stay connected you should try to use Steams offline mode:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-agcb-2555

Cheers

@mrtnptrs
I think the reason why he couldn't upload files could be a minimum amount of posts before the forum permits this due to spam protection, but double check with Alistair what the current post limit is before this function is permitted.

Top Bottom