• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Changing theme of your dungeon?

Apr 6, 2015
I was wondering if it was possible to change the theme of your dungeon. I seriously loved the Mira theme from the campaign, it gave me a very "Hellraiser" vibe, and I loved it.

It would be amazing if you could appropriate that yourself. (I dont know if you can use it in multiplayer or in skirmishes, but yeah, I figured I would ask. Could be theres an option at some point to change the theme, sorta like Hearthstone does it with cardbacks)

Apr 6, 2015
Also, when can we expect a level editor? :p I mean, I would create it myself, but I have no idea what values they use, assuming they use a 2d array for the maps.

Its a bit sad that theres only 2 person maps so far.. I was forced to kill the other underlord within 12 minutes of starting the map because he breached my dungeon so early.

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
Miiras theme will be unlockable eventually for Skimish, Multiplayer and Survival.

In Campaign, you cannot and will not be able to change your theme because storywise, you play as one Underlord with his own theme. Just as Miira has her own and Rhaskos has her own, you have your own and you are not able to change that.

Multiplayer and Skimish are Placeholder right now. 4 Player Support along with more maps will be released in a upcoming patch. A upcoming patch will also add a Map Editor.

I don't think the Developers want random people going arround and programming halfway working or not Map Editors when they have a official one planned.

Apr 6, 2015
Meh, I dont see why they wouldnt want people to add onto the game :p I mean, mods give a game longevity. Besides, just because you make a map editor does not mean it will suddenly corrupt the game :p if it does not work, then people wont use it ;D

Also, I saw you can use Rhak's skin during Skirmishes, so. I hope they will add the rest since his is very "boring" as it were. It reminds me too much of the Dungeon Keeper one, and even though it looks badass, I've simple played too much DK for it to be fun and cool anymore xD

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
You didn't read up about the game at all did you?

They already made half adozen large newsposts about how they wanted to add Mod Support but in the end had to drop it because of too many complications. If you want more infos, search the forum. It's literary everywhere.

Rhaskos skin is going to be reworked. And as i said, Miras will also be unlockable trough achievements later on. Right now they have more important matters at hand though.

Apr 6, 2015

They already made half adozen large newsposts about how they wanted to add Mod Support but in the end had to drop it because of too many complications. If you want more infos, search the forum. It's literary everywhere.

Rhaskos skin is going to be reworked. And as i said, Miras will also be unlockable trough achievements later on. Right now they have more important matters at hand though.
Mate, you may want to work on your wording, what you write often seem very confrontational and quite.. Well, lets just say rude for a lack of a better word.

I bought the game on Steam back when it was in early access because I heard news of it once in a while, and everyone told me about how they were faithful to the predecessors.

I do not believe I ever read about them wanting to add in mod support, and yes. I could have searched for that if I really wanted to know, however. I am simply not that much of a fanboy to scour the forums and news post for the last few months just to soak up every information I can about the game.

I love the game, dont get me wrong. I am simply more of a casual lover that visits once in a while during weeks and shows up with flowers and a nice bottle of wine.

I play the game, enjoy my time with it and then I will move on to something else.

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
Mate, you may want to work on your wording, what you write often seem very confrontational and quite.. Well, lets just say rude for a lack of a better word.

I bought the game on Steam back when it was in early access because I heard news of it once in a while, and everyone told me about how they were faithful to the predecessors.

I do not believe I ever read about them wanting to add in mod support, and yes. I could have searched for that if I really wanted to know, however. I am simply not that much of a fanboy to scour the forums and news post for the last few months just to soak up every information I can about the game.

I love the game, dont get me wrong. I am simply more of a casual lover that visits once in a while during weeks and shows up with flowers and a nice bottle of wine.

I play the game, enjoy my time with it and then I will move on to something else.
It was pretty openly communicated that Mod Support was wanted at the beginning, but was dropped due to it requiring a huge load of work and everything having to be build arround that possibility and thus beeing rather expensive, which is why they ultimately dropped it to rather focus on the main parts of the game.

Also... no i don't want to work on my writing at all. People who don't put the smallest amount of effort into communications don't deserve any in return. Tiping in "mod Support" in the search bar up there would have answered all your questions, "Mate"

Apr 6, 2015
God, you're an aggressive person, arent'cha? I said "You may want to work on your wording" your writing and grammar is fine.

Also, when I said "Meh, I dont see why they wouldnt want people to add onto the game " I meant it as "More maps created by the community", that may have been unclear, which I apologize for.

Also, I brought up the fact that mods create longevity in games as a "pro" to why we should have a map editor, which you said is coming, so that is just fine.

Anyway, I am done replying to you since it seems like you are one of those toxic people whom are very easy to provoke into becoming toxic, and thats not why I am here.

Marados

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2013
Germany
Tiping in "mod Support" in the search bar up there would have answered all your questions
I searched for it and everything I found was an extremely outdated (and inoffical) steam community post and the FAQ. Both think won't help!
It takes some time to search but you get these informations from WftoWed#109.

There won't be a real Mod support. But there can still be SteamWorkshop support. For sure there will be an ingame map editor (+ the possibility to share your creations) and the possibility to create and edit AI personalities.

This will all happen in the next weeks/months. I am sure we will get more informations soon.

Regards,
Marados

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
God, you're an aggressive person, arent'cha? I said "You may want to work on your wording" your writing and grammar is fine.

Also, when I said "Meh, I dont see why they wouldnt want people to add onto the game " I meant it as "More maps created by the community", that may have been unclear, which I apologize for.

Also, I brought up the fact that mods create longevity in games as a "pro" to why we should have a map editor, which you said is coming, so that is just fine.

Anyway, I am done replying to you since it seems like you are one of those toxic people whom are very easy to provoke into becoming toxic, and thats not why I am here.
I know what you wrote. I merely disagreed.

Mods and Maps aren't the same though, so when you bring up Mod Support to me it's not the same as Map Editors.

But to finish the topic once and for all:

Map Editor will be coming.

Mods won't. At least not officially.

But yes. I can be a little agressive if people behave extremely dumb or uppity. And i've seen you do both... so...

mishko

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan

I don't remember them stating that Rhaskos theme would be reworked. Are you sure the one in the game right now isn't final? Would the walls, floor, and workers change too? (I feel besides the core, the theme is too similar to standard theme and needs more bloody features)

James Hale

Templar
WFTO Backer
Jan 12, 2013
Purgatory
steamcommunity.com
Some of you have short memories. There was frequent talk of the Dungeoneer tool for several months. Until a few weeks ago I wasn't aware that idea had been scrapped, but I've only been skimming the wednesday blog posts and don't really use the forums much.

Mod support was definitely a focal point earlier in development; the basic premise was that the team would update the Dungeoneer tool as they made changes to the game, and so at release (or shortly after) we'd essentially end up with the game's development tools, allowing us something approaching 'full' mod support.

No more, clearly.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
The devs had to make a hard choice, cut Dungeoneer out as the deadweight it was, or never get a game released. Dungeoneer was dragging the whole process of development down with it, as soon as it was cut it released an extra coder to work on the main game, etc and progress finally gained some steam.

There is an internal map editor, that Simburgur uses to actually make the campaign levels (but as this requires unity pro and a bunch of other stuff, including access to the internal source code), don't get your hopes up on ever having access to this.

Instead however there is a basic, (still being worked on) in-game editor, which is currently missing a UI to make it user friendly, which is why it isn't released for you guys yet... But what I can tell you is @Marados made the Wetworks map using it, so clearly it must be pretty good.

werik

Cultist
Feb 19, 2014
Sweden
Some of you have short memories. There was frequent talk of the Dungeoneer tool for several months. Until a few weeks ago I wasn't aware that idea had been scrapped, but I've only been skimming the wednesday blog posts and don't really use the forums much.

Mod support was definitely a focal point earlier in development; the basic premise was that the team would update the Dungeoneer tool as they made changes to the game, and so at release (or shortly after) we'd essentially end up with the game's development tools, allowing us something approaching 'full' mod support.

No more, clearly.
There was a lengthy announcement about the Dungeoneer tool in the "Retrospect" post last year.
https://wftogame.com/war-for-the-overworld-a-year-in-retrospect/

Top Bottom