• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Cheat codes/Map editor

Do we want cheat codes?

• Total voters

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
The only reason to prohibit cheating at this moment is that it is in a incomplete state. nobody is planning to dictate anyone on how to play a singleplayer game. please refrain from fighting about if cheating is wrong in a singleplayer game, it serves no purpose, thank you very much
I will never understand why people buy a game and then try to cheat to win ...

if I like to play a game and I can not win, try again and try again ...

thanks to this I got the master league of starcraft 2

please delete any form of cheat ... they ruin the game experience:eek:

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
I will never understand why people buy a game and then try to cheat to win ...

if I like to play a game and I can not win, try again and try again ...

thanks to this I got the master league of starcraft 2

please delete any form of cheat ... they ruin the game experience:eek:
Me neither. But i don't see the point inn not letting them if they want to. As long as they can't cheat in multiplayer, if they think it's fun why not let them?

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
Me neither. But i don't see the point inn not letting them if they want to. As long as they can't cheat in multiplayer, if they think it's fun why not let them?
in campaign mode cheats Should not exist = achievements for free ..

in skirmish mode you can do whatever you want ... so why not have fun to use cheats

Amon

Ember Demon
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
I say leave in "goof cheats" for the campaign - ones that turn your imps purple, or into TotalBiscuimps, or that make every unit on the map dance a polka. The "real cheats" like adding money or boosting the level of your creatures, should be reserved for Skirmish, Sandbox, and maybe Survival, when it is expanded.

Name

Blood Imp
Apr 6, 2015
As a heads up, despite the comments otherwise here, yesterday (4/04/2015) while playing and utilizing the debug console options with the former password, namely infinitemana and infinitegold, the game was still granting achievements for level completion on steam

Jan 3, 2013
I believe devs should remove certain commands in debug console and leave only the ones people may truly need - infinite mana and gold. All other commands might cause problems in the game or lead to crash.

Psycix

Dryad
Founder
Jan 9, 2013
I was actually quite sad to find the debug console was password protected.
I wanted to use it to skip one campaign level as I am still not able to progress past a certain level due to a bug despite winning it multiple times. (Might be fixed in latest patch, I'll try again today.)
So there is an actual NEED for it for it since I can not play further without.

I don't understand the fierce opposition to having people use the console. If I want to break my game, why not let me?
If you just want to shield the general public, why not simply make unlocking the console an advanced setting with built-in warning upon enabling? Or just let people have the password?

An open console is not uncommon and is the key to establishing a poweruser community. Look at games like counterstrike, where the console is used by almost anyone above a certain skill level.

Marados

Matriarch
Founder
Dec 18, 2013
Germany
I believe devs should remove certain commands in debug console and leave only the ones people may truly need - infinite mana and gold. All other commands might cause problems in the game or lead to crash.
The QA Team really needs some of these more advanced commands. So these commands can't be deleted!

Making two consoles, one with cheats and one with commands, would be a lot of unnecessary work!

Psycix

Dryad
Founder
Jan 9, 2013
The QA Team really needs some of these more advanced commands. So these commands can't be deleted!

Making two consoles, one with cheats and one with commands, would be a lot of unnecessary work!
Or simply protect only part of the commands.

sv_cheats 1

Jan 3, 2013
In this case people will have access to those anyways.

Sooner or later this will have to be removed because console might be used in multiplayer, ruining the entire mode.

Top Bottom